MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what is this wire for and where the ring connector is supposed to be mounted to? As far as I can tell, it goes thru a black connector and the other end of the connector is attached to just under the left edge of the timing belt cover (or towards the rear of the vehicle). TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I guess it is just a grounding wire. Do you happen to know if there is one that goes from the engine driver side as well other than the one that attaches to the engine lid side panel(s)?

·
Administrator
91t gen5
7,262 Posts
Thank you! I guess it is just a grounding wire. Do you happen to know if there is one that goes from the engine driver side as well other than the one that attaches to the engine lid side panel(s)?
There is the large transmission ground and then a smaller wire that goes from a transmission bolt to the driver's shock tower. I can't find a picture of the smaller wire but it should be very similar to the passenger side wire mounting on the body and the large terminal goes through a transmission to block mounting bolt.

Motor vehicle Product Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive air manifold

1 - 4 of 4 Posts