MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I did search around, but didnt really come accross what im looking for as far as answers. I will be installing a 93+ lip on my 91 soon, and want to know if i can use the retainers and such that i already have to hold it in place. Who has done this, and what did you have to do?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I put a 93 lip on my 91 and used all the same retainers. The biggest prob you will have is if your current screws/clips are rusted and snap. Its pretty straightforward as long as you can get underneath the car to see what the hell your doing. I think I used one or two spare screw/fasteners that came with my 93 lip b/c of several that were screwed up on mine, but it took all of 1/2 hour maybe.

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Yea its not hard at all. Once you get under there you will know what to do. I used the 93 clips and bolts on mine.
Sergey

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, alright. Well i was kind meaning that i wouldnt have any retainers/fasterners from the 93 lip, i will have to use all of the 91 hardware. Im sure its not hard, and i have the bumper off the car so that should help. But i need to know if i can use stuff thats on the 91 bumper.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
yeah, i finally put the 94 lip on my car from a 91 lip. I noticed some differences between the 2. The mounting clips that fit on the 91 lip are different than the 93+. If you really want to do it right, then you will need to buy the 93+ specific mounting parts. For those people who have to have stuff done NOW (like me) you can do the following. I ues 3 of the metal clips from the 91 lip for each of the sides (6 total). Then the area of the lip between the fog lights, i just found some 1 inch diameter washers and used a 10mm bolt/nut combo. The bolt pulled the 2 washers together and kept the lip flush with the bumper. I installed my lip with the bumper off which makes it waaayy easier to do. Here is a pic-

more = http://carpron.com/gallery/VrooomPsshhh

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awsome man! That looks great, that excatly what im doing (toms sides/rear + 93+ lip)

Thanks for the info, you helped a bunch. The car looks great by the way!

·
Registered
130 Posts
i just put mine on last night....all i did was transfer all the clips from my '92 lip to the '94 in the same exact places and bolted it in. except there were 2 black clips from my '91 that I could not put on cause it was too long. other than that, everything else bolted back up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts