MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Blast from the past. I parted my MR2 about three years to start my tech startup. Just moved back to Boston from Chicago to grow my biz. I don't even have a car anymore.

If anyone has any connections to angels interested in the wearable tech space, then email me at [email protected]!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I am still around. But I live in florida now. I meet u once when I bought some parts from u. I do belive your hardtop is in florida now. I meet a guy down here a couple of years ago at a meet that was driving a hardtop and he said it used to be yours. It looked just like yours. So I believed him.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
My 2 is actually down for the first time in years right now. I gutted the interior this weekend and started lining it with 80 mil sound deadening mat. Hoping to finish it up by Wednesday.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
WOW most active post was one revived from 4 years ago...i miss when this board was a much better thing....
Amen to that. I still have my 2 and go to meets I know about. Unfortunately everything is organized on Facebook, which I haven't had an account on since 2013ish.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I've been off the board for several months as I searched for and found new work and moved to Mass. Just moved my cars from RI yesterday to switch the registrations over and am more than ready to get them out on the road and reconnect with people. The board name will be a nagging reminder of where I was though.:laugh:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, i'm back to this board after a long hiatus. Old board name "tas02". Couldn't ever bring myself to join facebook.

After picking up an '08 Isf in 2015, have been spending much time on club lexus, only to see it tainted by whiny political rants, even by "Senior Moderators" who refuse to tolerate any views other than their own.

I've still got my aw (non-functioning) & sw (rarely driven due to oil leaks). All 3 vehicles modded for performance. Though i love the isf, i daydream about being in one of my Mr2s every time i take a road trip.

Dennis

·
Registered
25 Posts
I guess all the cool kids are on facebook now, getting their personal data and whatever orifices plumbed by zuck every time they sign in (and even if they dont). I've seen at least a half dozen proper SW20s on the level of the one in my profile picture around Boston (all credit goes to people who built it, i have never adjusted the aesthetics of a car for the purpose of doing so exclusively). There are probably another 20+ i see over the course of a year in varying states of aftermarket alteration and disrepair, but thats like 1/4 of the R35s or even GT*RS' i see around here. Its a rare breed nowadays, getting more rare every time someone under 25 buys one and finds a light pole a few feet past the apex of a turn.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
I miss the Boston days with my Turquoise Pearl 93 T- Top. So many good friends on this forum, and memories. I moved back to CA 2012. Sold the MR2. Moved on to other sports cars.

Then two years ago, picked up a 1 owner, sub 30K mile, 94. For me the 94-95 was the one I always wanted. I have been back in the game for a while. Unmolested, all stock. Problem is there are no old timers seem to be around on the west or east coast.

Since I don't have the gram, facebook, or twitter, I am the only loser driving by myself on Angeles Crest highway, while all the bros are in their Evo, M3, and WRX wtih their posse.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I spent most of my younger days on Miata forums living the Miata dream and still miss those days. I think those forums are still a bit active since there are just so many damn Miatas. Kind of sad I missed the MR2 glory days. I'm 34 but feel way too old and annoyed to deal with FB and Instagram. I have both but log in essentially never.

Oh well. My life long buddy and I talk cars all the time so I suppose that is enough for me. I do wish the forum was a bit more active. At least we have companies/people still making quality things like Wilhelm, Racer X, etc..

·
Registered
42 Posts
I tested the waters with a few posts I thought would be interesting. No activity here. NewEngDSM went the same way. I was on the original message board with the like of Tom Stangl and John Sheperd, was invited to NABR, attended many DSM shootouts. So much knowledge disappearing. Very sad.

Getting an Antique plate for my '94 turbo.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
You yourself have only posted 7 or so times in the last 3 years. It takes all of us to keep it alive.

Your thread posts actually aren't doing too badly considering what FB & attrition have done to these boards. There have been several dozen views of your posts (including me) and your subwoofer thread is still waiting for your response.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I posted a reply to the subwoofer question within hours. As of now, after 2 days, the message is still:
"This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors."
At what point do I build enough trust that approval of every post isn't required?

·
Registered
42 Posts
You yourself have only posted 7 or so times in the last 3 years.
My 94 has been under a very large knife for a very long time. And my other life keeps me very busy. But point taken.

Yesterday I got out the boost leak tester I built for my '91 TSi AWD and hooked it up to the 80mm 5.0 TB (in my SW20). 80 gallon 2-stage through a regulator set to 10 PSI couldn't build 1 PSI due to the wimpy IAC block-off plate bending. Embarassing. Pleased that my turbo kept the current low boost target even with that torrent.

I cut / drilled / polished a new 0.072" SS block-off plate last night and waited until now for the Ultra Blue to dry. Looking forward to lower boost threadholds, higher dp/dt, lower compressor RPM & cooler IATs now that the intake path holds at least 40 PSI. Only remaining leakage is small - through the TB bearings. Several orders of magnitude better now.

155* T-stat is next, then some data acquisition for A-B comparison. Still looking for a good 18-20 PSI cap. Hearing noises I don't like, probably from Cyl3 jacket. Somewhat concerned that the flow meter I'm using to log T-stat operation won't like the added pressure though. That comes out once I have the data I want.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts