MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This place used to be a pretty regularly posted to section… Ive been out of it for quite a few years now, are any of the guys from "my" era still round here? I see "black2na" still listed as moderator….. So I take it at least Derek is around?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
It's been pretty dead in here for a while now. Not too many meets these days either aside from Colt State Park.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I sold my '91T six and a half years ago to buy my condo... I own a 350Z now, but I'm trying to find a decent MKI or MKII to work on, so I might be back in the MR2 game at some point. That's what brought me here today... Maybe younger people aren't doing message boards anymore, and there's a New England MR2 SubReddit or something? (I don't know anything about Reddit other than what I hear on @Midnight...)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
CodyJ... that sounds familiar now. You lived in NH, right? I think I bought a bunch of stuff off a parts car you had, no? There was a huge dumpster at your parent's house (where the parts car was going to end up), and your Dad had a Yellow Hummer, no? You must have been about 18 or 19 at the time...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CodyJ... that sounds familiar now. You lived in NH, right? I think I bought a bunch of stuff off a parts car you had, no? There was a huge dumpster at your parent's house (where the parts car was going to end up), and your Dad had a Yellow Hummer, no? You must have been about 18 or 19 at the time...
black Hummer, and in VT, but yeah, all the rest fits! that was from the red hardtop that I used to convert mine from T-Tops, and probably some other odds and ends. I had my parents garage pretty full of parts for a long time!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I still swing by the forums occasionally. Ok, occasionally is a lie, it's like once or twice a year.

My MK1 was engine-less for like 10 years, got a new engine in it a couple years ago but need to address the oil burning (hoping for valve seals, dreading rings). The car is in my parents' garage in CT and I've lived in Boston for 9 years so yeah, long distance relationship. I'll probably try to limp it up here this summer once I clear out my garage but it will be competing for space and time with my Ducati which is going to be a tough contest for it to win. Realistically it will probably get sold once I have it all sorted out which makes me sad.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
heh, I was logging in to post the same thread.

I'm still in MA, but not really on the boards much since I stored my car a couple years ago. Won't have free cash to finish it anytime soon so just kinda forgetting about it for now. Someday!!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I'm around, I daily drive the 2 during the summer. Anyone in the area will probably see me around.

I'll be at CSP.

·
Registered
357 Posts
My car has been engine-less for 7 years now. Just started working on the engine again. I have been purchasing parts and saving for all these years. Should be a lot more fun when I get it running. mswerd

I suspect that the Spyders would outnumber the 1st and 2nd gen cars if we had a new england meet now.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts