Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hasn't posted since November. wow.

Anyone know anything? Is he okay?

·
Two for me, None for you
6,115 Posts
I see him online all the time, but I havnt talked to him. It is weird for him not to post though. Maybe we're not cool enough.

Hey Jeff, it says that you love Cin under your board name....his name is spelled Sin.

:)
JD

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cin = Cindy :p

... I love Sin too, but not as much as Danny & Ben. :lol:

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
he's busy doing oil changes on luxo-sports cars

·
What Grind's My Gears!
1,181 Posts
yah sins
very busy at the new job... saving money.. getting to test e 65's an e 55's all day now..
henri

·
Registered
886 Posts
sup guys
for your information, i swapped 24"s onto fat joe's new phantom the other day. havent done an oil change yet other than my own car, but i get to help in swapping motors.
and i got to drive a lotta crazy cars. 360, 550, M3, 545, 760, S4, A8L, Esprit, Elise, Turbos, GT3, GT2, 997s, SL65, E55, Hummers, new Viper, Mercilago, Gallardos, Phantoms, Saleens, Spykers, Cont GTs, and the list goes on. not many japanese cars. yeah the MR2 seems kinda weak these days, so im deciding how much longer before i make the move onto something... more powerful. like a 6 cyln IS, or buy over my moms GS430. i wont be surprised if i end up with a Porsche too haha.
ill definately be around at major meets and of course race days. just leave a message on aim. ill probably see it, of im ignoring u.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steals cars :D

lol ... I believe he is working at a dealer, correct?

·
Registered
886 Posts
if i stole that many cars, then you would REALLY not see me here.
and i really wouldnt need to steal car(s), all i would need to steal is "a" car, "a" Lamboghini Mercielago Roadster, hop on the Lincoln tunnel, down the I95 to Florida, sell the car, move to Mexico, and deal some drugs. all id have to do then is import a R34 and a Brazilian chick. id be set.

yeah but no.

i work at manhatten motorcars, 270 11th ave. though you're not really allowed to enter the building unless.
a. youre a millionair +
b. you are closely related to a high ranked staff
c. you will buy a car.
so if you come by just say that you're interested in a Lotus... cause they can usually tell if you could afford anything better.

we're factory authorized for Porsche, Lambo, Bentlys, Rolls, Saleens, Lotus' and Panoz. but we can get just about any car out there. its a fast growing company, less than 2 years ago it only occupied 2 stories of the building, but today there are 5 stories with a rooftop full of cars. majority of which are Cayennes and Bently Continental GTs.

im a porter for the service dept, which means all i do all day is drive. it is all inside a building nonetheless, but when the floors are empty, the Lotus' show their potiential. i also check in the new car deliveries, and most of them come wrapped up in "body bags" - as id like to call them. back when it was christmas time, it felt like i was unwrapping gifts after gift and they all cost easily over $150grand. then i realized i was at work.

i am slowly, but effectively working my way into being a tech, and when my job title eventually changes into "technician", i would be sent to school first thing. not any basic school, but Porsche school, or Bently school; where i will officially become a "certified tech". i would like to work on the Elise's, as they really are only $50g MR2spyders, but rarely any come in for service. most Elise owners are track junkies anyways, and those have barely any warrenty.

anyways, yeah like i said, im still going to be around as long as i got the MR2, but like ive said, i am looking foward to a car made in this millenium. whatever it is, it has to be
1. stock, to start.
2. rwd or better.
3. exceeds 150mph.
4. luxurious and/or pimpin
no more all out track car... for now. maybe in a few years i can buy a used DP racer for cheap... does come with a V8 and weighs less than a MR2. haha

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Sin, that sounds like an awesome gig you got there ;)

... why not make your MR2 into a dedicated track/hill climb car?

·
Registered
886 Posts
guys, dont worry so much, there are no cars on the market right now that i would like to own, other than maybe a Evo or RX8, but im staying away from those because one is a 4 door, and the other one can BARELY hit 150. right now, id rather take a MRS or a IS300 over them, and even those dont do me justice.

but why not? its not like i dont like my car anymore, but its just easier to move on than to keep repairing a 15 year old car with parts that costs as much as parts for a new car. my car had been throughly used and abused. there are a lot of minor chassis damages that does add up. and even though i am accustomed to it all, i cant even imagine what a perfect version of my car/setup would be able to accomplish.

plus, come on man, i work with cars that costs 6 digits, the least i can do is drive one that is in the 5 digit range.

if the car was more original, or mint, id definately keep it. or at least if id owned it since new i would spend the money on repairs, reinforcement, and more upgrades. but the truth is, a shell is merely $2grand or less, i might as well buy another one. i have done EVERYTHING to this car, from suspension mods to motor swap to bodywork, and anything else beyond that will require professional machinery and that costs money.

but dont worry guys, i can tell you all this much, i will not be selling the car. i will race it for all the years to come until i break it, roll it, or fly it off a mountain, but other than "maybe" a roll cage, i plan to not spend any money on it. it will remain the same car as is. it will not be a dedicated track car (as if its not already) mainly because i have no means of transporting it to races other than driving on my $700 16" tires with 60 threadwear. although this year i plan to take it to Watkins Glen, and if i do get a cage, then definately hillclimbs.

now think about this question that had been bugging me for a while... would you rather spend on a track car and a street car, or have twice the amount to spend for a NICE track/street car?

·
Registered
886 Posts
i am also VERY interested in the new technological advancements we see on cars this millenium. just to name a few:
1. 7 speed sequentials and automatics, as well as stepless variable trannies
2. hybrids... that increases performance, and cheapens gas prices
3. extensive use and mass production of carbon fiber, titanium, and magnesium
4. real time traffic navigation systems... very important in a street car
5. active diffs and suspension components
6. Hemis, not the engine, but the idea of it.
7. etc... list goes on

all crazy innovations that are proving itself useful as we speak.

but on the other hand, you can get a car with nothing and a lot of aluminium that can beat a Ferrari with a Corolla engine.

C

·
0 Posts
sounds like Sin grew up

I'm impressed. he doesnt sound like the kid who used to fix my car for smokes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts