MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-I recently bought one of those everglade air fresheners for my two. I don't know if my nose got used to the scent or its just weaker, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. What do you guys have in there?

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I used bags of Stash peppermint herbal tea for a week or so. Though I personally don't get tea, that Stash tea is probably the best-smelling stuff ever to grace my nostrils. Unfortunately they only lasted about a day of making the car smell nicely. Since then, I just use rain water that leaks in through the T-tops.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
depends on the spot you smell... my seats probably smell like ass but my interior smells good, a/c inserts! yeah! but i think that mr2s smell like mr2s, like when i got my car it had the same smell as my friends 2 and it also smelt the same as other mr2s ive stuck my face into at meets... who knows

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Vanilla, because I spray my perfume on a few places in the interior.
I have other MR2 owners, who ask me to do the same to their cars whenever I'm around.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
fdesalvo said:
Mine has that new 2 smell still, lol.
Ditto, even after 182K and 15 years.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
budussy. My 2 dosn't have an interior in it and it still smells like it did when I bought it. According to the cops that used to pull me over and search my car, it smells like "someone has been smoking weed" in my car. I think someone has given some bad information about me to the police because I have been searched about 8 times for drugs. I don't do drugs, and have not done any since high school so I like to be as vendictive as possible when they ask to search my 2. They ask, "can I search your car?". I say "no you're gonna have to get a warrant, if you're taking time out of my day for this BS search, I'm gonna make your day as hard as possible." Of course they hold me for another 30 minutes whille they call and obtain a warrant for my 'suspicious' behavior. They walk around my car with the drug dog, while I ask the cop watching over me about the proper procedure on filing a harrassment complaint for each officer. Must've worked because I havn't been searched in about 6 months. [/rant]

·
Registered
790 Posts
mine smells lpretty good IMHO. I never have used airfresheners in any of my cars.. My 4runner smells like eninges, oil and an auto shop, mmmmm so intoxicating :)

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Lyer said:
-So the general consensus is that our cars go fast, look nice, but smell like ass? ;)
Unless you are a female with a perfume bottle :p

1 - 20 of 77 Posts