MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a quick question, (im not sure this is where to post this but...) what do you guys use to clean your cloth seats and interior??

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
when i bought my car the guy told me a pretty good idea, he said he did it to my seats and there was no mildew or mold smell so.. but what he said to do was take out the seats, hose them down with a water hose and put laundry detergent (or maybe it was dish detergent?) but anyway, scrub them with some kind of brush and after your finished, hose them off all clean, and to let them sit in the sun for a day or 2 and theyll look and smell great, mine did

P.S. hey man where in ft myers do you live?? my gf goes to FGCU, and i ride down every other weekend to visit, i know of two second gens on campus, a 93 white ttop n/a and a 91 black ttop n/a with foglights that parks in front of my gfs building

·
Registered
787 Posts
In the detail shop we just have this foaming stuff and a stiffer plastic wire brush. Works pretty darn good on cleaning out the seats and also removing stains form carpets.

·
Registered
467 Posts
MR2forME said:
P.S. hey man where in ft myers do you live?? my gf goes to FGCU, and i ride down every other weekend to visit, i know of two second gens on campus, a 93 white ttop n/a and a 91 black ttop n/a with foglights that parks in front of my gfs building
Hey I'm also from Ft Myers but now I go to UCF. Do you go to UCF? I noticed your location was central FL.

·
Registered
229 Posts
You guys tried handcleaner? I've had the best luck with simple fast orange handcleaner, a nylon brush and a vaccum. No kidding I got huge stains out've my interior before with it, works real well on Gasoline spills.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I just rent a carpet cleaner from a local hardware store. Just buy some good carpet cleaner and ur all set. It works great. Makes u feel good when u empty that bucket of dirty water when ur finished. It's amazing how black that water gets after cleaning it... esp if you've never done it!

It's like $14 for the whole day, if not less. I say go for it because it doesn't require any scrubbing and it's so friggin easy.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
i used some stuff from autozone...its a foam and you scrub it w/bristles on the end of the bottle...works awesome. i use it on my seats and carpet and they look and smell like brand new! its only like $4 too. even if you do it for the smell its worth it

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks for the advice, by the way i live in Ft.Myers off of Mcgregor if you know where that is, but yeah hopefully i will see some of you guys around... What color is your 2?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts