MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well ya my mr2 is yellow, i was thinking of doing the interior black and yellow but alot of yellow stuff is kinda hard to find, well alot of stuff doesnt look kool

what else looks good with yellow?

·
Sponsored by Your Dad!
3,441 Posts
Mine is yellow too and I have never touched the interior with anything yellow. I have seen mr2's with lots of yellow but yellow is one of those hard colors to match. Sometimes you see them with 4-5 shades of yellow in the interior.

Also, you are right, yellow is hard to find. Black is not. Either stick with black or only do a little accenting with yellow. yellow also gets dirty easily and sometimes looks like crap.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You may consider all black with a little bit of yellow piping on the edges to accent them. I agree too much yellow could be overkill and could get dirty easy. The contrasting piping reminds me of some Aston Martin interiors, etc.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i kinda wanted to do like the dash (some of it) yellow, and then id leave the ac/heater vents black but ya if its gonna get really dirty, ill just do the vents yellow

does blue look good?

·
Sponsored by Your Dad!
3,441 Posts
If you absolutely must do something to it, i would do either yellow in parts, black or white.

I'm pretty sure those would be the only colors that would look classy with a yellow exterior. Yellow mr2's are very cool to look at but they dont leave you with much choice for interior colors!

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
do not touch it, you will hate it in a few years and it will eat at you, you will try to re-paint it but it will fail, you will be sad and sell your car because of it. you will never forgive your self.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ill eventually get some racing seats, but id get ones that are adjustable, because i will not have any back support with those seats (like the one you linked)

heres some umm ghetto drawups of what it COULD look like (the interior, witht most stuff id color colored, not the pedals though cuz u cant see em)

Mostly black

alot of yellow

i kinda like the more yellow better

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm not partial to the color yellow, but mine is like your "more" picture - only in red. other than that i was thinking a red accented aftermarket wheel (i don't have one yet) and red accented seats. It's a good idea, but liek i said, yellow just isn't my color.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
just leave it black, if anything I'd just do the door pannles and or seats a greay and black or tan and black. painted interiors are not my cup of tea espically yellow ones, it remindes me of a bumblebee or pichachu from pokemon'

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
i dont want to be harsh but i think you should leave it black. when i got my car i wanted to paint it red, now i am so glad i did not do it, i wanted to paint it the same way as you, if you are set on it than do it but imo weight a few months and still see if you want to do it :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.