MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
IIRC the only changes that need to be made are two holes for the license plate lights, and as agv said you'll need to swap a lock cylinder from an 87+car. I'd also suggest being very careful with all of the bolts: It is very easy to strip their mounts in the tail lights, especially by over torquing.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
mmm,yes, later lights are much better looking (see a pattern here? Its the same for mk2's also...) It doesn't involve a ton of work, and has been done many times. search for info on here. Only thing i'll stress is that the mk1 lights to go from the outside into the trunk fully. make sure you seal them up very well when you put them back on.

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
I like the 87+ tails much better. I've own a couple 85-86's and the tails look so dated.

Peace-

·
3,519 Posts
mikeym said:
^ i agree with you scott... its the truth...

do something that will help performance

~mikeym
Like change to the 85-86 lights since they are LIGHTER. :)

I actually have a set of 87 tail lights and 86 tail lights that I am about to sell complete with the lock setup too. Was considering swapping the 87's onto my 85 but... nah.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.