MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You don’t need that plate tho...
No?
Well, that makes sense, because aftermarket piping doesnt utilize.
And I plan to do a SMIC, so no point in buying one if it'll not be used in the next year or so (suspension and paint first, unless a killer deal comes up)

Man, Im really paying more and more attention to the engine bay (my focus hasnt been on the engine...yet), and seeing all sorts of stuff that has me scratching my head.
A "GURU" did the swap and there's some things that I wouldnt have accepted, like the copper tubing used from BOV to the very rough looking intake pipe (thinking it's port is JB welded or something) which has duct tape to fill the gap to the stock plastic piping...

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
No?
Well, that makes sense, because aftermarket piping doesnt utilize.
And I plan to do a SMIC, so no point in buying one if it'll not be used in the next year or so (suspension and paint first, unless a killer deal comes up)

Man, Im really paying more and more attention to the engine bay (my focus hasnt been on the engine...yet), and seeing all sorts of stuff that has me scratching my head.
A "GURU" did the swap and there's some things that I wouldnt have accepted, like the copper tubing used from BOV to the very rough looking intake pipe (thinking it's port is JB welded or something) which has duct tape to fill the gap to the stock plastic piping...
If you have to make new tubes, it’s really easy... pm me if u need tips etx

those kits are super cheap.. they take some finagle’n to get right (s bends’z). I’m sure ebay has them for 130-ish? I just bought a core for this current 93t I found. It was bone stock when I found it so over the last 3-5yrs I’ve started adding ****... on my first MR2, I did a SMIC and new immediately it wasn’t going to work with my T51R so I did a rmic setup... the SMIC works good for that 350hp max range

·
Registered
411 Posts
I think the hot pipe bracket is a good idea. The coupler off the turbo is the most likely to blow off as it gets the hottest by far.

I run it on my EFR 6758 on a stock manifold build:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts