MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i was replacing my o2 sensor it was a bit wet or condensated i guess. it was raining all today but i only drove my car from the street to the garage. anything to worry about? my gasket was virtually nonexistent as well...

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i did sniff it but that was after i threw it in the trash so now it smells like trash. =( the world may never know.

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
lol nice.. well if it was gas it should still strongly smell.. if it was coolant it would smoke like mad when running.. im voting condensation :)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well initially it smelt like exhaust fumes which is normal but condensation is possible. when i was wiping the stuff off it made my fingers dry so i guess it would be gas since it was a strong rich smell as well.

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
i could see an oxygen sensor going bad enough to cause the (already rich) 5sfe to go rich enough to kinda saturate the sensor.. did you get a new o2?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i got a new one. kinda reluctant to pull it off since those gaskets are crush once kinda deal. though my exhaust fumes still smell a bit rich but it could also because i don't have a cat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts