MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is on the road now. I'm going to be picking it up from my grandparents' house tonite so that I can put some miles on it in the coming weeks. I will be done by the meet in April. The paint, stereo, everything will be done.

Thanks for all your guys' support. This has been one hell of an undertaking, and I couldn't have done it without each and every one of you.

:thumbup

Matt

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I work at IN-N-OUT now. Pays better and the job is fun. Never thought work would be fun again...

I'll take pics when I get it back to my house, it stilll looks like crap...

I don't want to have a meet until it's painted. I can't try and show off a car with fenders that are a completely different color from the car...

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, In-N-Out pays dam well. I started for more than I was making as a supervisor @ Round Table.

On that note, My car won't be back on the road for another two weeks as last night, while I was out with a friend, going to his g/f's house out in the country, Ther was a sudden, VERY sharp turn in the road. Posted speed limit was 15mph. I might have been going anywhere from 18-23mph. I put the car into a ditch.

Longest 2 seconds of my life...

The front air dam is gone. There's a huge dent in the spare tire well, and the driver's side fender is going to need to be replaced... again... The guy who pulled the car out is an artist with a tow truck. The car was resting on the driver's side tires and was leaning on a concrete block that is used for drainage. The guy managed to get the car out of the ditch without doing a single scratch worht of damage to the structure of the car.

Both my friend and I were not hurt, but we were dam lucky because if the car had slid just a second earlier, we'd have hit a large oak tree. If the car had slid a second later, we'd have hit a different tree that was just as big.

Throughout life, we all learn a few leassons. Unfortuneately I had to learn this one like this.

Drive safe. Buckle up. Be aware. That's all I can say...

·
WWW.TECHNICALGARAGE.COM
3,626 Posts
AceX said:
Hey, In-N-Out pays dam well. I started for more than I was making as a supervisor @ Round Table.

On that note, My car won't be back on the road for another two weeks as last night, while I was out with a friend, going to his g/f's house out in the country, Ther was a sudden, VERY sharp turn in the road. Posted speed limit was 15mph. I might have been going anywhere from 18-23mph. I put the car into a ditch.

Longest 2 seconds of my life...

The front air dam is gone. There's a huge dent in the spare tire well, and the driver's side fender is going to need to be replaced... again... The guy who pulled the car out is an artist with a tow truck. The car was resting on the driver's side tires and was leaning on a concrete block that is used for drainage. The guy managed to get the car out of the ditch without doing a single scratch worht of damage to the structure of the car.

Both my friend and I were not hurt, but we were dam lucky because if the car had slid just a second earlier, we'd have hit a large oak tree. If the car had slid a second later, we'd have hit a different tree that was just as big.

Throughout life, we all learn a few leassons. Unfortuneately I had to learn this one like this.

Drive safe. Buckle up. Be aware. That's all I can say...

wow...glad to see that you are okay though! so whats up with the ride now? Take it back to the body shop and wait couple more months before the paint?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Jeez Matt... At least you guys made it out okay.. Unless your dad is gonna shoot you =p

You want your fender back? It's still sitting in my garage, and I don't think I'll ever, ever get to install it =p Don't tell me your front kit is destroyed after all that work. I was lucky enough that mine just sorta came off during my accident instead of getting smashed.

What shift you work at In N out? I'll try and stop by

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The front kit is destroyed. It will be rebuilt in a few days. I already got a new front fender for the car, infact, I just got back form the yard. I also picked up a new set of door panels (not damaged in crash) so that I can put component speakers in the car and still have a set of original, untouched door panels.

Also, ordered soem fender flares for the car a few days ago, so the next pics you guys will see will have the flares on the car. Should be about 2-3 weeks till then because I have to wait for the flares. Pint is looking like it might not happen until after the april meet now unless I send it to a guy and have him sand it for me, which will cost me a load.

Damage to the car is actually not that bad, but I haven't looked at the suspension, which took the biggest beating, so I'll have to go inspect the car tommorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.