MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
my na mr2 would hesitate at around the 2000 rpm mark, and was hard to start. would almost bog down and die if i floor it (severe hesitation). took off my distributor cap, and it was just coated with oil. I know thats what caused the problem, now i think i need a new distributor
:mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hav replace everything in the ignition system except the coil and igniter. Car will run great till warm, then cant build boost. I can then turn the car off and back on and problem goes away for a couple min. I can reach full boost, but the no boost after a couple min and shuttering. I jumped the fpr and changed all the capacitors on the ecu. Problem still exsist. Engine is stock except for apexi intake and hks bov and aftermarket muffler. Engine is 3rd gen 3sgte.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Assuming timing is not an issue, you can also check the coil. I had a stuttering problem that was present at high speed and load... not exactly your situation but close. The procedure is in the BGB on testing resistance. If it is out of spec, replace it. If not, you can continue trouble shooting.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a similar condition a while back and traced it down to a small vacuum leak that wouldn't affect anything until I was under considerable boost...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts