MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys I got a few strange noises all over my car. Can you guys help me?

1. When I start my car I hear a rumble in the back of my car, like the engine or tranny shakes then goes away after exactly 1 second I turn on my car. I hear the same thing when I turn off my car. That strange rumble shaking..what could it be?

2. I press on the gas....then let go and hear hear an annoying rattle. So loud the people outside can hear it. Its not a leak and I tried all the heatshields. Sounds like its coming from on underneath the turbo. What can it be? Its a rattle that sounds like pennis or a socket is rattling somewhere?

3. Everything I go on rough roads and most of the time rough roads while turning I hear the clunky coming from the rear. I THINK its coming from the my side and its nasty cuz it always happens...

4. I hear this electric kind of buzzing every 5-10seconds when I open I engine lid. Its like coming around my air filter box. Is this normal? What can I do to stop this?

All these noises are ruining the fun of my car. I cant concentrate on my turbo spooling or anything when I hear these noises. Non- Stop... =\. I want to jump off the bridge.....PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
417 Posts
Your engine rattles when u turn on the car and turn it off and when u press the gas.... If I were you I would take a look at all your engine mounts... especially the one on your transmission (facing the front) That one is underneath the turbo and that can be the noise you hear... it can also be the reason why your engine rattles and shakes when u start and stop... BTW, have you just had your clutch replaced?? Just a wild guess....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts