MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much does a 4age head weight with all parts installed? I won an auction on ebay for real cheap, but the guy is saying that the shipping from Nevada to here in CA will be $73.

I guessed that it weighed maybe 40 pounds, but I dont even know if it weighs that much. With that estimate, USPS.com estimates lees than $30 to ship. I questioned the seller and he said that it cost him $100 to ship a head from Texas to Nevada. He said the head is over 40 pounds.

Just need some help here to make sure I dont get charged more than I should for shipping.

Thanks.

BTW...I usually ask for a shipping quote before I bid, but I thought I had a reasonable guess at what it would cost.

·
Premium Member
15,397 Posts
Define "all parts" If that includes the intake manifold, cam covers, etc., it's over 70# by the time you box it up.

·
Registered
13,363 Posts
I shipped a 4AGZE AE92 head complete with valve covers and all parts inside the head with cams for $25 via UPS. I don't remember the weight though. You might want to ask jamesl if he weighed the package..

·
Registered
13,363 Posts
chad - when do you need the head? I might have a spare 3-rib head from the 86 I just got. The car doesn't run - so i'm really unsure of the condition. You'd have to wait about a month before I come tearing into this car...

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Keep it coming though if you have any thoughts on this.
Rino -- I appreciate the offer, but I really want to get a head soon so I can move on with the turbo build up. Kinda the only thing holding me back right now. I was looking for a small port head but cant manage to find one for a good price.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
i think it was like 36lbs.. FWIW I paid $77 to fedex mine to TED in CANADA with 2 or 3 day service.

I do have a fedEX acct so it was cheaper than normal, but still $70 from one state away is rediculous.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Marco, that really goes to show that this guy is asking way too much. If I wanted it overnight then I can see the $70, but regualur ground is like 2 days from there and $20. I'll see what he says. He is going to weigh it and get another price for me. He thinks its going to be more, and if it is, I wont pay for it. Kinda sucks because he will probably leave me bad feedback and whatnot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.