MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ppl
i need to organize a little pressure on a company to get their butts moving can you help me out????
heres the details:
import trenz is the builder or producer of the new tomg (Mr. Tom Granberg) grt bumper and side skirts... and if they ever get moving hopefully the rear bumper too.

BUT they have yet to put the rev 2 bumper in motion and have several of us still waiting for a new bumper.
the rev 1 was molded incorrectly and they were going to fix that and reship them. that was in august of 04 still no remold has been made. myself and others that are in the same situation have called time and time again to get a date and are always told with in the week.

thats been a bunch of b/s

what i would like to do:
have ppl from here or elsewhere call import trenz and ask for the kit (complete kit or just the rev 2 front) and give the impression that you want the parts and only want the rev2 bumper or the complete kit so they will get moving on this.
please post here after you call and state what they told you. try not to bombard them with calls all in one day then have it die the next (that will defeat the idea) i don't even car if you ask for the tomg or Mr. Granberg designs for other cars like say the 240sx or miata i just want them to get the notion that people want this kit and to get moving on production

here are a few pics courtesy of the designer:

the number is: 562 948 2900
please just ask general questions about it and its availability i dont even care if you say that you need it soon for a repaint.... im still waiting on my color change b/c of this.
just let us know what they say.
thanks
joe

edit:
let me know if you might really be interested in this kit as well that will help my argument
also
please if you are mad at Tom for not getting this out understand he is just the talent behind its design and has nothing to do with the manufacturing or any of the transactions for the sale ot the parts. import trenz is where that frustration should go

thanks again

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
intresting lots of views but no comments

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I actually kind of like that kit. But....

Border > *

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so has anyone tried to help us out?
from where im sitting looks like this was a waste of time

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not the only one

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it depends.. if your satisfied than no but it you are like me and notice the little things than yes all the bumpers were made from the same mold so they are all wrong

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
monopolizedinc said:
it depends.. if your satisfied than no but it you are like me and notice the little things than yes all the bumpers were made from the same mold so they are all wrong
Well the top looks like it is going to require quite a bit of sanding to get straight and the middle bar (where the radiator is) doesn't seem to be flat....

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya a thas some of it but ther is more

·
Registered
525 Posts
ok I just got off the phone with justin @IP. He didn't know much about the bumper but he called me back with info. he says the ver2 is the 1 they are currently selling. The rest of the kit is in tooling so would be atleast 60 days or more. he also said that he would discount the bumper from $300 to $250 since I wanted the entire kit. When they rest off the kit was done then he would disount that also.

i hope that helps because I'm owed a bumper also.

I don't think alot of people saw the thread. I only found it because I was looking for tomg i nthe search. Maybe we should link it to every thread about grt.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Maybe..could someone do that?

Also, what did they mean about (rest of the kit) the only two designs they have is front and sides. The rear isnt finalized by me yet, I suggest all of "you" should specificly ask about it.

T

·
Registered
525 Posts
tomg: thats what Justin said. I asked him about the hood,rear, sides and front. I knew he was full of it but then again I thought I might've missed something.

Do you know if the ver2 is finished? for some reason i just don't believe it.

does anyone know how to make a thread their sig? or some how link it to the show&shine or paint&body to get more people looking.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thatnks they have been saying that the ver 2 would be done soon for a while now so dont beleive what they are saying just yet

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
trdny said:
The rest of the kit is in tooling so would be atleast 60 days or more.
They told me a few weeks ago that they had the fronts and side skirts in stock. I plan on ordering the sideskirts within the next few weeks, it's a great kit. I would also love the hood if it ever gets produced.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I would like the entire kit also but from this thread do you really think that is happening any time soon? We can't even get our bumpers that are paid for.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I was hopefull, but then they started doing things like this, and apperantly feeding me BS, so unless I find some other company willing to take over, I dont know.
Obviously, the only thing they can do to restore my faith in them is to change some of their practices.
I am not going to go into detail about it right now, this isnt the place or the time for it.

T

1 - 20 of 40 Posts