MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I aint afraid of no boost
4,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a recent mugshot. If you owe the mid-atlantic section money and this guy shows up at your door, you better pay up!

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts

does anyone else see the resemblance

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
jk. guys. Who is that btw.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
oh yeah. sorry. I know who you are now.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
not too much... i did recognize you with the shades on.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
8Legs said:
not too much... i did recognize you with the shades on.
That was the first time I wore those shades too. I have a question for you. My 2 was painted last December 04 and we decided to wait until after my engine was installed by NoShoes to buff the whole car. I noticed that there's some dust like clearcoat bumps....will those bumps disappear once the paint shop buffs the car?

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
if they arent too bad yes. If it is just on the surface it will need to be wetsanded first then buffed

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
8Legs said:
if they arent too bad yes. If it is just on the surface it will need to be wetsanded first then buffed
good. they are just on the surface. will it matter if we wait to buff them out or should we get it done soon? It's been about 8 weeks now...

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
At this point time doesnt really matter. I like wetsanding the next day when the paint is still green. It seems to be easier to meld it down smooth, i only wet sand at buff at this point. no wax. That shouldnt happen for 60days.

At this point it is totally cured and waiting isnt going to be a problem.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Hi Janet! The first and last time I saw you and Mike was at Bryan's place. Nice to hear from you again. I'm sure we'll meet soon!!! I can hear Aaron now....c'mon let's go, c'mon let's go, c'mon let's go!

·
COUNT: 41 MR2'S DRIVEN
3,485 Posts
hey danny! how you doin? ;) yeah...i hope we get together sometime soon. we've not seen any of the group since bryan's. tried to, but it snowed on us.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
8legs, I'm hopefully bringin home a black 91t next weekend, and it will have a week-old paintjob (fresh shade of paint over the old black). Any suggestions as to how to do pre-cure maintenance?

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
dont wax it for 60 days. Also dont let bird dropings or tree sap get on it. It will be totally cured in 48hours but may still be belching solvents as much as 60 days later. If it was done in a cure booth it is fully cured when it leaves.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts