MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just thought I'd share this with you.
We build Ferrari F355 kits from MR2s.

Shop is located in Stuttgart, Germany, we also sell them here in New York.
Work takes about 6-10 weeks to complete.

Here are the pics.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
What's the cost on one of those things?

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Good job though. Just wish only fiero's would recieve the chop.

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
That's not a Spyder. Italians call convertibles Spyders.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Red 20V said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Good job though. Just wish only fiero's would recieve the chop.
ditto

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
otherwise its still a nice kit though

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
i have to say something,
the quality looks good, but i cant stand when people do this, what happens when you pull up to a ferrari? a real one? how werd.....

this is just my opion though, i dont want to come off like an ass, i just dont like the kit, but thats just me :angel: :)

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Uhhh... The kit WOULD look good if the side vents didn't just END at the doors.. even stock extend back further....

·
Registered
487 Posts
well you get what you get, it's not like it will ever be a 355 but if people like the looks, then this is perfect for them.

the way i see it, at least no one can mistake that for a probe

oh and one last thing, those MR2's arent ruined by any means. i hate it when people say that, it's not like something was chopped off, the panels are removable and you can get the car back stock if you want to, nothing different than a fiberglass bumper.

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
I love how people think that modding a car mechanically beyond belief(e.g. spending $5000 to get it anywhere near back to stock) is any different. To each his own.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Specs:

They cost about $35,000 US Dollars.
This is with ~420 hp/320 lbs.ft w/ upgraded turbo.
I believe T67 (?).. Engine is completely rebuilt, with strenghtened internals.
Transmission as well. We also improve the suspension components, don't ask me how, but it handles like it's on rails. Probably the way your guys' cars handle, lol.

Car is faster to 100 mph than real 355. It has more power and Torque. It's 400 lbs lighter than real F355 (2780 lbs vs 3150 lbs.) It handles comparably to F355, if not better. The real 355 is faster to 200 mph though. Must be because of aerodynamics/better transaxle in the 355.

These are facts.

Matthew, yes - we can get you that shifter, I will ask how much, ok?

AUTO MX - We designed this kit, we didn't "buy" it. Kit is built on premises. We compared many kits that are already out there, and we were not satisifed with any. So we decided to "clone" our own parts from the real 355. Fiberglass.

uspspro - The reason why airvents end at doors is: The real F355 has the same design.

tred - when you drive to a real F355, you get "thumbs up." Unless he is a Ferrari superfan or engineer, not many tell the difference.

hksmr2 - We tried with Fierro, but the problem is that always overheated on us so many times. It wasn't just one car, it was 4 kits we built custom out of Fierros and they all came back with many many problems. Die Autobahn speeds are just not right by design for a fierro. MR2 is a Japanese car, and roads in Japan are similar to what we have around here in Germany. We can run this car at about 160 km/h avg. speeds for hours, without fear of problem. Whereas the Fierro constantly failed with some kinda motor problem at extended time at that speed. That's not to bash Pontiac, just telling you our experiences. We even tried with Chrysler LeBarons, and they too were problematic. Finally, we decided to do MR2 Turbos. Owners report up to 70K Km with MR2 chassis and not problems (yet.)

Grd - I would love to display them to you here in NYC, but we just sold our last 2 here in NYC, our next client delivery and show car date is imported in July.
If you would like to see it in person, PM me, we can arrange something.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For anyone that is questioning the replica's quality :)
Here is the pic of the REAL F355 GTS, and below it is the MR2.
Compared to side to side.
Can you tell the difference if you just saw one on the street where it wasn't sitting next to the real F355?

REAL F355

REPLICA MR2

REAL F355 Front.

REPLICA MR2 Front.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.