MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know the right thing to do here, but im going to ask how bad the wrong thing would be. My water pump is bad. I heard it going on the way home and when i pulled im my driveway and shut off the engine it let go of its remaining coolant. I am going to get water pump/timing belt replaced on Tuesday and I really do not want to have the car towed for 2 different reasons. Money and a Greddy lip with lowering springs in the front (I dont want to replace/repaint that lip). It seems to me that on the bad water pumps Ive had experience with they generally hold the majority of thier water until the engine is shut off then they pour it out like a water hose. So do you think if i fill up the coolant and travel 5 miles Im taking to big of a chance? Any other thing I might want to replace while this is being done btw?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
The timing belt would be worth replacing as you mentioned. The only other thing that comes to mind is the drive belt. It's not a biggie but you might as well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Towed it, wasnt so much worried at the price of the tow as the Greddy lip replacement and painting which is prolly more than a used 5sfe. But found a really good wrecker guy. Thanks all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts