MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
$67 ???
Thats a friggin bargain.
I use the kit without the controller (my ECU controls it).
Works great.

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
$600 +. can't really make out the components or manufactures name. Pump along should be over $100.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered it. If it’s a scam, I can file a claim with PayPal.
Free shipping and no tax. The website sells odds and ends products. We shall see. I’ll post the review when I get it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Can I ask where you bought? Would be nice to see full advert.
OP picture shows WigBark.com

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
Hopefully you get what is advertised although seems too good to be true. Would love to install it on my sons diesel Patrol as he is now using my old turbo without an IC.

Jim

·
Registered
133 Posts
I wouldn't run that setup if you paid me to, water injection is already a massive headache for reliability in the best case.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, I finally got a tracking number from seller. The product is coming from China.
Conclusion, it’s a Chinese knock off.

·
Premium Member
12,876 Posts
I bet all of the parts of the name brand kits are made in China too. May well be the same stuff.

Reactions: mtang65

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Man @Alex W nailed it
Look at all the MR2 parts coming out by the various folks like Prime, TSC, Heaven etc - like, for example, the intercoolers - same dang core on each. YOu think they're making each one? lol

May not have a fancy sticker on it, but I bet it's the same thing

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
You guys who think your buying all name brand merchandise, crack me up. Most of the large companies have subsidies all over the world. Often it’s only the QA control that seperates products. I bought a genuine LS1 Bosch O2 wideband sensor recently from China for approx $25usd. Guess where Bosch gets there sensors from?

Jim

·
Registered
133 Posts
I bet all of the parts of the name brand kits are made in China too. May well be the same stuff.
The only aftermarket system I would remotely trust out there is Aquamist. And just because something is made in china does not mean the quality is all the same.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts