MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a few searches and can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I want to set up my Greddy Profec B Spec II boost controller and it works on percentages of the wastegate/actuator limits. So if I want to acheive 14psi I can set the percentage to xx% of the limit to get to ~14psi. Thanks for any help. This website has been awesome!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I should be asking what the turbo limit is? I can obviously boost over 7psi. I am running a stock ct26.

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
The turbo can boost up to 23psi. You REALLY dont want to go over about 15psi. The turbo just starts to blow a bunch of hot air after that.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
If you unplug the wastegate and floor it, your turbo will produce about 23psi by 4,000-4500rpm's and then quickly drop off to 12psi or so by redline. That is the most you can make your turbo blow.

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
Ive done it. (Not by choice, timing wasn't set when I bought the car) Lets just say when I get my tax return Im ordering a chrisk short block. If you get my drift.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
To run 15 psi you would want ~47% of the pressure from the turbo to reach the actuator (7/15 = 46.67)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hamster O Death: Are you currently running a Greddy profec B Spec II? If so how do you like it? Any pointers on Gain feature etc? Thanks for the calculation, sounds like I misunderstood the Greddy instructions. I'm still pretty fresh to all this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts