MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys... well i heard this from a friend and he sent me this:

For those of us who like to drive fast.....
>
>California Highway Patrol will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy in
>South Orange County starting January 25, 2006. The state estimates that
>22 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 3 million will
>go to pay California Highway Patrol officer overtime. There will be 90
>California Highway Patrol officers on duty at all times patrolling the 7
>freeways. They are the following: 73, 55, 133, 241, 57, 5, 605 freeways.
> Now 7 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every California
>Highway Patrol officers is supposed to pull a car over and write a
>ticket every 10 minutes. They have issued 50 brand new unmarked Crown
>Victoria cruisers and they are bringing all their part timers on full
>time. If you live or work in South Orange
>County you must take one of their freeways. It's up to you how fast you
>are doing when they do. This is a test by the CHP to raise the extra
>funds for the State of California. The wealthy folks of South Orange
>County can afford this new tax. The California State Legislators dreamed
>up this law to help close the budget gap or something like that. This
>was mentioned on KICU-FM. So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets
>are on you. You've been warned.

and just to validate this a lil' bit more i was just told by my friends uncle who is a D.A. for orange county warned us about it as well. so to all my fellow mr2 family members please drive "at speed limit" this month but safe at all times. if you do get a ticket im sure most of us would like to hear about it. take it easy...

-PEACE-

·
Registered
343 Posts
____ cops, they speed day and night, cut people off, dont signal, run red lights, park wherever even though its not an emergency to get some donuts to fatten up their bacon asses.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the tickets being issued are on the freeways. either they got you on radar, hiding on the on-ramps, or they could also be just driving. try to keep your eyes open for the crown victoria's. im assuming theyre going to be either black or white, no tags on the plates and lights right behind the rear glass. my 2 cents...

-PEACE-

·
Registered
555 Posts
stuntdriver087 said:
____ cops, they speed day and night, cut people off, dont signal, run red lights, park wherever even though its not an emergency to get some donuts to fatten up their bacon asses.

not to mention they are always on a cell phone

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
thanks for the warning but luckily im on the 60 24/7 or the 10 so i should be fine. i guess

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
I'm good. I drive surface streets mainly to work.
On Sunday mornings I bet they all sleep in.

Peace-

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
theracketeer said:
the tickets being issued are on the freeways. either they got you on radar, hiding on the on-ramps, or they could also be just driving. try to keep your eyes open for the crown victoria's. im assuming theyre going to be either black or white, no tags on the plates and lights right behind the rear glass. my 2 cents...

-PEACE-
You're assuming to much. Also watch for the plain white or beige unmarked cars, this includes some last gen Mustangs. although these are used primarily for sneaking up on trucks and in desert areas they have been seen down here and it doesn't stop them from nailing other violators. Don't look for light bars in the rear window either, some use a very thin profile bar at the base if the window and some just use a drop down in front only.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
crown vic's with illegal tint are notorious cop cars. if you see a crown vic and you don't know if it's a cop for sure, check the windows and if it has limo tint all around, slow down! watch out for the tint!!

btw, for further validation:
my dad told me recently that the LA Daily News had a report about CHP and Sheriff's about revamping speeding tickets on the freeways, but that report wasn't specific to any area, just all of california freeways. stay within or below 5mph of the limit and hopefully you'll be fine.

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
This is a hoax. Someone posted it in the PA forum a couple of weeks ago and it turned out that it's on snopes.com.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Imma sock you. This BS came off of myspace.

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
i heard chp cant give you a ticket unless they are behind you...if you are behind them or beside them i dont think they could legally give you a ticket...

...we tried it in my friends truck haha...he was goin like 75 right behind the cop...i wouldnt risk it though

·
Registered
399 Posts
Does this apply to only freeways, because I just got a ticket on the PCH going 45 on the 40 zone!!!!!!!!!!! So pissed.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
1993sgte said:
i heard chp cant give you a ticket unless they are behind you...if you are behind them or beside them i dont think they could legally give you a ticket...

...we tried it in my friends truck haha...he was goin like 75 right behind the cop...i wouldnt risk it though
my friend got a ticket for "pacing" a while ago because he was driving a long ways and figured he couldn't get a ticket that way. i think he was going like 80, but the cop wrote him up for 70 to be "cool."

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
^^^ im pretty sure pacing is legal, my major is criminal justice and i believe i remember hearing that they can do that

oh and if they get you by the gun, ask to see the calibration certificate for their radar gun. they have to be calibrated every 60 or 90 days, something like that. if the certificate is outdated, they got nothin on ya.

and if you want to be a smartass when you get pulled over for not coming to a stop at a stop sign, tell them that a 'stop' is merely a change in velocity.

:)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts