MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sponsored by Your Dad!
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont the like erubuni or 355 look all that much but i'm curious as to what kits fit easily and still LOOK good. I'm sure this depends on which shop does the work but money isnt too mcuh of an object when it comes to labor.

Which kit or combo should I go with?

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
it's your car. You have a mind of your own, pick sometihng you like, not what we like. As i said, it's your car, you're the one putting the money into it and have to see it everyday.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
^^^ true that... everyone has their own taste! so hey yellow do what you like... just dont go vielside... ;) but if you really wanted an idea... look in madpsi... they have pretty much all the kits... :thumbup

·
Sponsored by Your Dad!
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its true, ask mr2oc members and they will say yes AND no!

I know its my car, I bought it! I have made ALL decisions by myself. Let me re-ask the question! Which kits fit very well and which dont? Which were a good deal and which werent?

isnt that the point of a FOURM? To ask others who have done things before you what their opinion is?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
replicas arent gonna fit well but there are some rare occasion. I agree with slik, avoid veilside.

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
Yellow2 said:
Which kit or combo should I go with?
i was reffering to this statement. I didn't feel the need to answer the one on which fits well because as you said, it's a forum where people have shared their experiences...all you have to do is search for it...

but if you must...

most original kits fit like oem or with minor modification. body-tune sells many replicas, greddy sides fit like oem, others need minor modification as opposed to other replicas. Kaminari usually has good fitting kits as well.

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
Avoid Erebuni like the plague. They are the worst kits on the market. The craftmanship, fit and finish is almost impossible to get to look right.

·
Registered
154 Posts
veil side dont fit good loots of work????? the only peice the fit on my car was the rear bumper and and it took two of us to fight it for about an hour?beware.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
im a big fan of toms all around beacuse the kit updates the look of the car instead of changing it completely. TOMs did it right when they designed the kit. close enough to oem but still adds some flare. im going to say "if u want to be a bit more outgoing with it go with toms sides and rear and add a border front" but thats what alot of people do, but i guess if evryone is doing it it must be for a good reason. it does look really good.

TOM's all around
Border front, toms side/rear

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
will you can do wat i did with mine bro i had the full border kit and it looked nice, border in my eyes has the best front end...

·
Sponsored by Your Dad!
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like the border a lot actually, any ideas on where the best priced, best fitting kits would be? I'd rather pay a little more and have the thing fit well than be stuck with a piece of crap!
It just seems like one of those things worth paying more for!

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
erm... my guess would be from madpsi... and if not there im sure there is shops around ny... however just dont pick up kits on ebay... thats bad... i would no recommend it...

·
Sponsored by Your Dad!
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No....I wasnt planning on it! I like ebay and have installed a ton of engine stuff I bought from it but i'm not interested in buying a kit there!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts