MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

i know that if you run an afc and vpc you change your settings on the afc ( flapper type, etc etc) would anyone by any chance know these settings? let me know please, thanks!!!

also, with people who tune with this setup, does your tuner touch your vpc? or is it all left at 12oclock? another concern was timing, should i retard my timing? if i run 550's and an fpr i'll be ok right?

quoted from another thread " the stock ecu will pull ignition timing (not good, no power) IF you just simply lean out the A/F ratio with the S-AFC. you need to drop the base fuel pressure (fuel pressure at idle) then ADD fuel using the S-AFC. if you use this method the stock ecu will not pull timing and you'll make some happy dyno numbers! good luck...."

thank you everyone, if you have any info on dyno tuning with afc and vpc please let me know, thanks again!

-Don

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
HAHA i wrote that!!! too bad, i can't give you an answer for your question...i haven't installed my vpc/s-afc combo yet since i don't even have my car running. i would also like to know the answer to these questions for when i install my setup!!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha, yes this is very informative!!! anyone else got any input on this? i should be getting my vpc next week, i'll tell you guys how my install goes, i got alot of work ahead of that too, hopefully everything goes as planned, thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am still in the process of hooking my VPC up on a 91, I do not have a harness and I looking for the the exact wiring for the vpc. Especially the wiring on the the VPC harness to the ECU. Which wires, I dont know if the AFM wire is the yellow or the grey wire on the VPC harness

1 - 8 of 8 Posts