MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Centrifugal SCs are no good for our application in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Go Twinscrew! People are going to be shocked when they see how much rwhp these things can pull when setup properly.

Ron

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I can tell you which one as soon as I can get both cars running. One with a HUGE blower off the side of the engine and one that fits the engine size better. The latter got me 99% duty cycle at 13psi. Since I have experienced the power of both the s/c14 and twinscrew, by far the twinscrew is better. Twinscrew has turbo power in my opinion. 13 psi is comparable to my 3rd gen 3sgte in my Mk2!

Ron

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Now not knowing a whole lot about boost I am assuming this what you mean when you say your hitting 99% duty cycle

1) Your using an injector pulse monitor
2) Your running closed loop
3) You don?t have a way to adj fuel pressure
4) Your adding more air and since your adding more air the EFI ECU is increasing injector duty cycle to try to bring the AFR up to the programmed amount

Does that sound right?
Davegt27

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was just wondering if anyone got one to fit in their car

i agree that a twinscrew would be better, they are great chargers..
id already have one on my raddo if i didnt spend so much time and money repairing it..

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I am running a standalone in which I can monitor and adjust efi parameters. What is happening is I am pushing more air then the injectors can give fuel which in return means I need bigger injectors.
Yes I have one fitted to the car now.
Ron

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Hey guys, couple questions:

Any SC other than the stock one wouldnt be smoggable in CA, unless the place didnt know anything about SC MR2s and didnt know it wasnt stock right? Also, would you be able to retain the same pully with the clutch on an different SC, or would it be running full time with no clutch?

-Mike

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I never got to dyno mine.. but ron Dyno'd his in an early stage I believe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts