MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Do you consider a 1uz big enough? AEK74 had a pretty clean car, though I think he just keeps tinkering. This may be the issue. People who do these swaps are tinkerers. It is similar to the people with 500+hp turbo cars and that they are often torn apart, not always because the cars break, but because the owners are always dreaming up new projects.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
i think its funny that people are so sure this won't work and claiming you cant put a v8 north south. paul woods already did an audi r8 v8 north south in an mk1 and is now in the process of a bmw v12 north south.

i agree with bill strong, don't shun idea's like this and say it isn't possible, anything is possible with money and with out people coming up with idea's we would all still have 100% stock mr2's here on the board and it would be boring.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
bobtherider123 said:
i think its funny that people are so sure this won't work and claiming you cant put a v8 north south. paul woods already did an audi r8 v8 north south in an mk1 and is now in the process of a bmw v12 north south.

i agree with bill strong, don't shun idea's like this and say it isn't possible, anything is possible with money and with out people coming up with idea's we would all still have 100% stock mr2's here on the board and it would be boring.
mswerd Exactly :)

·
Registered
3,565 Posts

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Get the chinese to reverse engineer the LFA motor. They'll fill it with cheaper parts, less quality aluminum and you can install that in your MR2.

While at it, CF wrap the crossmember so it has the look.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts