MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
from an article on the LFA it was stated that
"The LFA's 4.8-liter 1LR-GUE V10 is smaller in every dimension than Toyota's 3.5-liter V6"

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
diamond coated rocker arms and titanium valves. Electronic ITB's, dry sump and " smaller than most V8s"

Good luck finding one.

·
Registered
452 Posts
This forum seems to be all about these threads lol. Ima post a new thread talking about swapping in a Ferrari F430 engine in a MK1. It really makes us MR2 owners look like small children. Ridiculous.

·
engineer4me
2,730 Posts
CapoArgentino said:
This forum seems to be all about these threads lol. Ima post a new thread talking about swapping in a Ferrari F430 engine in a MK1. It really makes us MR2 owners look like small children. Ridiculous.
Do you take everything in life so serious, or just the interwebz?

I don't believe the LFA motor is 'smaller in every dimension' than the V6. Total bore diameter alone is over 17 inches, and a 2GR from bellhousing to crank pulley is ~19 inches. Displacement is a dimension too.

·
Registered
452 Posts
pablo said:
Do you take everything in life so serious, or just the interwebz?

I don't believe the LFA motor is 'smaller in every dimension' than the V6. Total bore diameter alone is over 17 inches, and a 2GR from bellhousing to crank pulley is ~19 inches. Displacement is a dimension too.
I enjoy reading threads of subjects that are possible, something that is doable for the non-millionaire. Unless he is a millionaire, then Im subscribed! :smile:

Otherwise its a thread that serves no purpose in a otherwise respectable V8 sub-forum with MR2 owners that actually PERFORMED the swap. Not dreamers like this.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
pablo said:
Agreed. Yeah, it WEIGHS less than the 2GR-FSE, but is physically more compact than their UR V8s due to the 72* V-bank angle versus the V8's 90* (especially the 5.0L 2UR-GSE and 5.7L 3UR-FE).

I think people get those confused.

·
Banned
4,314 Posts
CapoArgentino said:
Might want to check out what Paul Woods does to mr2s.

·
engineer4me
2,730 Posts
MidnightBlueMR2 said:
MSRP is $96,743.12 for the engine assembly
That's really surprising, I thought it would be more. The V10 out of the M5/M6 has a MSRP of around $65k, so ~1/2 the cost of the car.

Of course I'm not sure that Lexus would actually sell you the motor if you had the funds to buy it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts