3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Edited.

he has some cool videos on that page.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Damn Captain Smooth.....

I saw that happening. you can hear his thottle control, he doesnt settle the car in the corner and gets on it early......

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Ghettoraid said:
damn thats rough. 40-50k down the drain huh
Probably not. Cheverolet was selling the stripped down version of the vette for racing for around 20k. But thats still a lot oof money to lose.

~C.C.~

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Is it my computer or was this video really choppy looking? It was like my computer couldnt buffer it or something...but I dont have any problems with other videos...

·
Round n round we go
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He spun because:

1)He is distracted at that corner. Not fully paying attention.
2)He took his right hand off the wheel.
3)There is a bump there, so the car gets loose. Someone else spun there before him. If you look closely you can see the skid marks.

He was very slow to correct. Way too late.

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
I doubt the damage was all that bad actually. Maybe some new front body pieces and some slighty body work. The structure looked pretty good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i usta work at a race track and its very common for people to crash in the same place obviously making the exact same mistakes which is also very common by inexperienced drivers like this guy was

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wow and how much track time do you all have?

Seriously, he looks like he could control the car quite well. But that time he went over that corner quicker than the the time before, the suspension unloaded and the car went loose. He hit the grass, and we all know how well you can steer on the grass, and he hit the wall.

I really dont think you understand at what speeds he was traveling and how knife edged any car gets at those speeds. You are constantly at the limit of your tires and your car, one little mistake, and well you end up in the wall. In these situations a driver has to make slow and easy corrections otherwise you will start snaping back and forth. Which it looked like he was trying to do.

·
Stealth Moderator
1,284 Posts
I disagree. :)

I thought his lines looked suspect.

But in any case... take a look at what he was doing right before it all hit the fan. He takes his right hand off the wheel and does something. It does not look like he is just purposely shifting. Whatever it is, I think it was enough to distract him and it only takes a second of losing concentration at those speeds.

Once he lost it, IMO, the rest is not his fault as he was not going to be able to control where the car ended up...or down as it were.

P.S. Those elevation changes really can unweight the suspension. A little scary at speed. :eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
fishstapo said:
In these situations a driver has to make slow and easy corrections otherwise you will start snapping back and forth..
This is true, however, if you watch closely he hold's the wheel turned even after he has started to slide, almost as if he forgot that the wheel was turned when he got on the throttle. Its seems like once he realizes that he is sliding he turns the wheel right relatively quickly. He probably just got concentrated on the upcoming straight where he could potentially pass the s-s-2000 and ended up botching the corner, unfortunately this lead to a crash.:2cents:

p.s.This wasn't the first corner he messed up, usually he just entered to early into corner's which only slowed him down. Compare his choice of line to the s2000's.

·
Stealth Moderator
1,284 Posts
speedracer said:
p.s.This wasn't the first corner he messed up, usually he just entered to early into corner's which only slowed him down. Compare his choice of line to the s2000's.

Exactly. I kept thinking TOO EARLY!!!! :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts