MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I have been respectful of Jose this entire time. But todays comments and his comments to me on another board have put me over the edge.
People should know and make their own decision.

From: "jose deleon" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE:
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 08:49:30 -0600

Steven,
Hey dude, if you can prove that you sent the money to vinh and
everything then why not just take vinh to court? Why do i have to be involved? i paid for the wheels, i didn't steal from you did i?
I'm getting sick of everyone telling me to send the wheels, i'm sorry
but i'm not going to lose money and wheels. I tired helping you out the
best i could, i even talked to an old friend of the family that is becoming a
lawyer and he asked me why don't you just take vinh to court and get
your money?

I don't know what else to tell you man.... Here call Vinh yourself
PHONE NUMBER he has not answered any of my phone calls and everytime i
go to his house his sister tells me he is not there. I was trying to find
his parent's restaurant where he works at but have not been able to find
it.

Also if sergey is sooo willing to do something about this issue why
don't he gets his friend vinh to come up with the money he stole?

REMEMBER I DIDN'T STEAL $975 FROM YOU, VINH DID!!!!! I TIRED HELPING
HIS
B---- A-- OUT AND HE F'D ME OVER....
I edited the language.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I guess phatmr2 still doesn't understand what he has gotten into. He bought something that didn't belong to the seller, and that makes it stolen if my common sense still functions correctly. Wallcrawlr, I hope you add him to the people on your list to "throw the book at" in this whole mess....

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As I said in part II, it's becoming obvious that Jose just doesn't get it. To him, it's perfectly fine for you to lose your money, but it's not okay for him to lose anything even though his purchase wasn't legitimate.

I don't get the continual references to 'helping Vinh out'. Vinh's toast. The only person Jose should be trying to help is Jose - and he can only do that by giving the wheels he has to their rightful owner - Steven. Once he does that, there is no more trafficing stolen goods in the pot and it becomes an issue between Vinh and Jose. That's the price you pay when you buy something you know belongs to someone else.

And, for the love of GOD, why hasn't Jose gone to the police for assistance? Talking to 'someone you know on the police force' isn't quite the same thing.

This is like watching a particularly bad episode of 'Passions'.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I'm supposing that third parties can't get anything accomplished with the police from all this...

If I were Wallcrawlr (if he hasn't done so allready), I'd call Vinh/Phat's local police department, say that I'm aware of someone who is selling stolen goods in their city, I have their name and address, and have names and addresses of at least one person who knowingly bought the stolen goods.

Police might drag their feet, but has this option been explored? From reading the thread, us outsiders have learned:

1. Wallcrawlr filed a police report (with his local authorities?)
2. Phatmr2 is never really going to get the local police involved (out of fear for his own involvement).
3. Vin is CERTAINLY not going to get the local police involved.

I don't know where around Houston this is taking place, but if it's a smaller town - call the city hall. Speak to a representative or Mayors advocate stating something like, "I've witnessed someone in your community commit wire fraud, and I have names/addresses of people in your community that are knowingly buying the stolen goods - this is not someplace I'd ever want to live if local police don't take care of these things when notified."

I know that would work in my small town.

If it's a big city you'd just have to call that districts alderman (?) or representative. I think getting the information to a more specific authority might increase your chances of finding a resolution. Big city cops are busy people... a lot of time things just get swept under the rug. Take it to someone who might care.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I appreciate the comments and suggestions.

Know this.

I am not disclosing everything I do with the authorities on the board.
I'm just not going to make those steps I take public. People who will be affected by them should live looking over the shoulder until I get my money back.

·
Crazy OEM nut.
7,328 Posts
This is truly amazing. Phat, come on man, get with the program. You went and knowingly bought wheels that someone else had already bought, and now you think you shouldn't be, or aren't in anyway involved? You f-d up, pretty majorly, and need to step up to the plate for it. It's your problem that you went and bought wheels that were already sold and now don't have any other wheels. Besides, what does it matter? You could put your car up on blocks since the motor is blown anyway.

Just be glad that I'm in France until July, otherwise, I'd personally visit both of you to straighten this out with Johnny Law. Which, is exactly what I will do if this is not resolved by July!

Let me put this in another context for you. A guy steals some DVD players from Target, then you buy a hot DVD player from the theif, KNOWING that they are stolen. In any case the items would be confiscated, without you being reimbursed, and on top of that, since you do KNOW they were stolen when you paid for the DVD player, you are also in the wrong and could face criminal charges.

Do you understand your position now that it has been reviewed in a different context?

-Nathan

·
Crazy OEM nut.
7,328 Posts
Plus, what I don't understand is how you can do this Phat, and still think you'll get any respect from members here on the board, or in Texas at meets. I know that at this point, I couldn't trust or respect you. I also wouldn't care very much to see your type at meets in Dallas, or any other Texas meets for that matter. You basically back stabbed another member, and are now trying to play it down like you did all you could and did the right thing. Both you AND Vinh disgust me at this point.

-Nathan

·
Certified Lid Sniffer
4,012 Posts
I cannot believe this is still an on-going issue. Phat, it is your responsibility to return the rims to the rightful owner. You are in possession of stolen property. You need to return the rims and recover YOUR money from Vinh.

Phat, you have lost all credibilty here and I hope that you aren't foolish enough to believe that you will not suffer any consequences from this. Pleading ignorance is not an option for you and you aren't dealing with pretend people floating about in the vacuum of the "cyber space"-you are dealing with real people who lay out real money and expect to get what they pay for. You, too, will get what you pay for.

G

·
Wheels are coming off the car and going to vinh. Steven now you can get off my balls about all this and deal with vinh... Just in case you guys don't believe me i'll take a picture of the car and post it later when i have the chance too...

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
phatmr2 said:
Wheels are coming off the car and going to vinh.
You almost got it right.

1 - Take the wheels off
2 - Give them to another forum member
3 - I'm positive they'll then getted shipped to me.

Others have said they'd chip in for shipping...i'll pay another forum member to send them to me.

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
phatmr2 said:
Wheels are coming off the car and going to vinh. Steven now you can get off my balls about all this and deal with vinh... Just in case you guys don't believe me i'll take a picture of the car and post it later when i have the chance too...
Wow...have you read any of what has been said in this forum?

Returning a stolen item to the theif does absolutely nothing to absolve you of responsibility. Steven has it right. You need to either ship the wheels to Steven or give them to a trustworthy individual who can do it for you.

You have 3 options here.

1. Get the wheels to the rightful owner and persue Vinh for the money and wheels that he stole from YOU.
2. Do nothing and go down with Vinh when the police take action.
3. Do what you're planning and go down with Vinh when the police take action.

The only way for you to cleanse your hands is to turn the wheels over to their owner - who does not happen to be Vinh.

·
Certified Lid Sniffer
4,012 Posts
Give them to thier RIGHTFUL owner, phat. Now Vinh will have the money and the wheels

G

·
Sorry guys i just want to get out of this issue. Getting my wheels and money back and letting steven deal with vinh... thats all. I have no responsibility to loose money and help steven out especially since he has been trying to make me look like i;m a thief, which i'm not..

good luck steven ...

G

·
oh and btw i have other more important issues in my life right now that i don't need to be getting into any kind of trouble.. So no stolen property in my car = no problems..

·
Master of Twos R Us
21,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you honestly believe that 1) receiving stolen property and 2) aiding and abetting in the theft of property are just going to go away, you're sadly mistaken.

Returning the wheels does not absolve you of anything. You an accomplice at this point unless you endeavor to return the wheels to their rightful owner.

Steven has made you look out to be what you apparently are - dishonest and selfish. No stolen property on your car, but your name all over receiving stolen property = problems with the law. Read up on it...before you learn the hard way.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.