MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,809 Posts
Could be an engine swap.. thus claiming it to have 39,000 miles on it. It surely doens't look that great for 39000 miles/dirty/hard to tell.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most likely it is an engine swap but its not the first time a MR2 has been a low miles barnyard find that wasn't stored properly. Well in AZ I suppose our equivalent would be sitting out in the sun in BFE.

·
MR2 Hoarder
5,087 Posts
Appears to have a turbo cluster. Too much wear on the shift knob and the a/c button as well as some other signs. I'd bet against it being 39k original miles.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hope it works out for him. Even if it's a higher mileage chassis with a 39k motor with faded paint @ 4500 that's still not a bad price at all.

Don't suppose you can attach the photo? I can't see it (possibly due to not being friends on FB)

·
Registered
430 Posts
When I was is the market, I ran a Carfax report on one claiming 60,000 original miles. The report showed that it had 175k miles on it 3 years previously. Not that it's impossible, but tread carefully.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4248871268.html

39,000 miles @ $4500 and it's local. Honestly that's a bit suspect but if I had the cash I'd still check it out. Who knows, it could be a totally legit deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts