MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
6,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No more bleed ports! I just used this tool last weekend and it was awesome. It works by putting the whole system under a vacuum and then using that vacuum to draw new coolant back into the system. No air bubbles, no bleed tubes suspended in the air, and no waiting for the thermostat to open, it's great!

Here is a video describing the operation of the tool

·
6,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're around $80 on amazon, when I bought mine the price wasn't that high maybe it'll come back down.

·
6,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1990 MR2 Turbo
130 Posts
I just noticed this. Thanks for the link. I've been wanting to replace the entire coolant volume as well as backflush the heater core. This seems like it might even make that job easier, as well.

·
6,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Be careful backflushing that heater core, it's a huge job to replace it. Is your heat not getting hot enough? Leave it alone unless you aren't getting enough heat out of the vents.

·
Registered
1990 MR2 Turbo
130 Posts
Be careful backflushing that heater core, it's a huge job to replace it. Is your heat not getting hot enough? Leave it alone unless you aren't getting enough heat out of the vents.
It feels slightly warm. I'll just deal with it. That heater core is not a job I feel like doing anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Use a system almost identical (other that its dry chemical) for refilling fire extinguishers. Works like a charm. for 80 bones this totally worth.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts