MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently tried to refresh a bunch of vacuum lines. Some that were plugged or capped rather i tried to route to where they go and what not. It doesnt seem to have affected much but right about then is when i started battling overheating issues which ive still not worked out (i think it must be the hg ) but im still in denial so just curiously looking for other possibilities. So my question vacuum is strictly emmissions right and kinda helps to maximize fuel efficiency. Doesnt that all also affect how lean or rich the fta is and can that aspect affect the motor to the point of over heating

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any input wouls be great even if its to tell me im an azz its like i said denial about the hg so feel free to chime in with anything anything at all please thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Overheating is also most Likely air in the lines and you will have to bleed the coolant properly. there are a lot of vacuum hoses and if you search Pbase AW11, hit the first link you can find a diagram of where pretty much every line goes to. Wonderful resource to use.

Depending what hose is missing it can make the engine run lean and make it hotter, but it shouldn’t overheat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts