MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

Add to the poll if you have a V8 MR2 project

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you have a V8 project into an MR2, please let us know by posting here, and adding to the poll.

I know Bill has a Mk1 V8, and a guy in Europe has a Mk1 v8 that runs/drives.

I have a Mk2 V8 project in progress, and I think MikeH does as well.

Please only add to the Poll if your project is IN PROGRESS or done. By "in progress" I mean you have an engine and a MR2 to put it in (not just dreaming about it), and maybe you have a transaxle as well.

Let us know the details of your project.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Audi MR2

Hey Chris,
Haven?t talked to you in a while. I have my car on the road. It needs some ECU map work that I am working on but all in all it runs pretty well. The exhaust is way too loud for my liking; I will have to do something about that. I drove it for the first time last week and it still needs a far amount of work. My tachometer, speedometer, oil pressure and coolant gages do not work. The ECU is supposed to be sending them a signal but apparently I do not have that setting worked out to well.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So Mike, your car actually runs/drives ? That makes your car the second MR2 Mk2 in the world (that we know of) with a V8 !

( I say second, because I beleive the Sard MC8R is the first)

Would you post some pix and video ?

What stand-alone did you end up using ?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I guess its a matter of opinion. I know its tube frame, but it appears to me to have used the central part of the shell of a mk2.
Do you know if the single production Sard they built was V8 powered?
because that should surely count as it was street driven. IMHO I would count it.

I think if one of us took a mk2 and hacked it up, and attached tube frames to the rear of the car just so that we could go north/south, that would count. I certainly have considered doing that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I went with a VEMS and had Hilly do my harness and load his map. It pretty much started right up. I have a few problems, but I will get it worked out.
Chris, believe it or not I can't figure out how to post the pictures. I am going to send them to you and you can post them if you want.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I would be happy to. Most people get a photobucket account, and post the link t the photo that they give you with the
tags around the link . Photobucket automatically gives you complete links with tags, so you just copy and paste.

But if you would rather e-mail, that is fine.

Whre did you get the sensor plugs (for all the engine sensors, and the TVIS type device on the manifold) and coil plugs so that you could plug everything into VEMS ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
mk1 mr2 with north south 1uzfe onto an audi 012 gearbox two ct26a turbos megasquirt curently engine and gearbox fitted (well over a year ago now) just need time to finish it

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bill, I am not so sure about the cooling issue in a transverse setup. The Fiero guys are running LS1's, older Chevy smallblocks, Northstars and Cadillac 4.9L V8's. Many of them are running a lot more power than stock, some with turbos, and they don't seem to have cooling issues.

Podge, would you post some pix of your project ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
already have, thread is 1uz north south in a mk1, the car is further along than in the photos there. when i get time ill see if i can get some more up

·
Registered
872 Posts
Bill Strong said:
MK1 V8. 4.6 liters, 5-speed, 4bbl carb, MegaJolt Ignition, race only. Car is not street legal as it has no lights or windows. Full cage, working on tube frame chassis.
I thought you said you were going to run an auto trans? That was the last time i read your thread.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts