Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
42,296 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day alls,

For V8 engine can add in the TOYOTA Vios !!! If can't what the engine can add in to the Vios. because I want change engine don't know that PLS give the information TQ alls.

·
Registered
358 Posts
when are you going to be done bill, I want to see that damn thing run already (drove around). Ive been waiting quite some time for an update on your site and havent seen it. Man thats going to be the coolest.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
http://www.britishv8.org/Articles/motors.htm

SIZE / WEIGHT / DISPLACEMENT CHART
In this chart, length is from the bellhousing mounting surface to the front of the water pump pulley, height is from the bottom of the pan to the top of the air cleaner, and width is at the widest point of the engine, including the stock exhaust manifolds. The data supplied by Street Rodder magazine show the Ford engine to be taller than the other two, but most other sources I've seen describe the Chevy engine as taller than the Ford. My own measurements on the Buick V6 (basically the same design as the 215 V8, less two cylinders) indicate that the BOP/R V8 is also taller than the Ford.

Width Length Height Weight
BOP/R 26 28 27 320
Ford 24 29 27.5 460
Chevy 26 28 27 575
Chevy 26 28 27 525
w alum heads

Ford 24 29 27 424
w alum heads

TR6 22 29.5 25 460
Buick V6 26 28 29 412?

The first three entries came from a recent issue of "Street Rodder" magazine, and are reasonably accurate, except for the weights. Without knowing precisely what ancillaries are included, a real comparison can't be made for weights. Length can vary tremendously by the choice of water pump and pulleys, and height will depend on the intake set-up. The fourth entry was obtained by subtracting the weight savings of aluminum heads from the third entry. The last three entries came from my own measurements, and are very precise. The weights given include everything required to make the engine work - starter, alternator, flywheel, clutch, intake, carburetors, exhaust, distributor - everything except oil and water! In this trim, the weight for the Ford in entry two becomes 519 pounds, from actual measurement! The BOP/R and Chevy weights will most likely go up a similar amount in the same trim.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Does anyone know if the Aurora V8 (L47) from 1994-2004 is the same physical (external dimensions) size as a Northstar ?

EDIT: since asking the above, I have found that the Aurora V8 is simply a de-bored Northstar. It is 4.0 liters vs 4.6 liters and due to thicker cylinder walls, it weighs more. It is the same block and pretty much the same engine.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=429810
The Northstar V8 is approximately 28" x 26" x 31" (W x H x L). By comparison, an LT1 is about 24.75" x 24" x 27.5", and an LS1 is approximately 26" x 25" x 28".

EDIT, the above info is incorrect: Northstar is 28" wide (no headers) and 23" long from the rear face of the engine (where the bellhousing meets it) to the tip of the front pulley bolt head.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Bill, is there a link to an online GM Service Manual that covers the 93-99 Northstars?

I was hoping for something like the MR2 online BGB

I have leakage out of Clylinder #5 exhaust port. Sticking Valves, hopefully. Hope its not worse than this, but I may have to pull my rear head

1 - 20 of 20 Posts