MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how the heck does the transponder key amp works? how does it know what key is in there? I realy have no clue even after looking at it. Could i just get a key cut from the dealer and have it work? I got the vin so i should be able to get the key code.

Also anyone have Cruise Control working yet? It's hard to mout the mr2 CC since it sits in a totaly different place. So i figure use the V6 one; I compared what needed to run w/ the mr2's cc ecu but found the v6 uses less wires than the 2 did. The v6 has no VR1, VR2, VR3. but it does share MO, MC, L, and Ground. Im hopping the ecu won't screw up but as a backup i researched a little and found you can use the v6 ecu brain. They share alot of the inputs so it should work. The only pin that has nowhere to go is the S2 which goes to the auto tranny (should work even w/o it).

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot about Power steering, theres 2 pins that hasn't been addressed yet PS and PSCT on the mr2 ecu going to the PS brain. On the V6 Diagram im looking at theres a PS but it's connected to the power steering oil switch; that leaves me to wonder if they share the same function

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I'm pretty sure the PS on the ECU tells the ECU to idle up. Where as the PSCT needs a 4.5v signal to tell it that the car is running. If I'm not mistaken, it will take a 12v signal safely. I hooked mine on the yellow car up to a fuel pump relay. Honestly, if you don't mind the PS running with the key on, you can just leave both of them open. The PS pump will work for about 30 seconds and then power down if the steering wheel is not touched.

-B

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
^what he said. :)

But, it's so easy to hook up the PSCT line to the fuel pump, just do it! You can also put a diode in the circuit to block the 12VDC from going back into the PSCT line when the fuel pump is running. IIRC, I did that just as a CYA move.

·
Registered
350 Posts
IDK, what they said. The cruise controls are easy. Just bolt the cruise control assembly somewhere, and hook-up the cruise control ECU.
I've no idea if your cruise control ECU's will work with the CC-ECU that the Camry platform uses, but a Camry one couldn't cost more $25 used / eBay *if* you can find one!

The RHD setup has the throttle cable sweep across the engine to the smaller crusie control box near where the LHD powersteering tank sits. Then it goes back across the engine to the throttlebody, who's linkage is turned the oposite direction.
Just an interesting tid-bit to know.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
There are a lot of aftermarket cruise controls that are sweeter than than the stocker, and less complex.

But, if you have it there, I suppose it's nice to make it work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts