MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there dose not seem to be a exhaust housing for a T25-28 based turbo without a built in wast gate. in the Gt-garrett line up. so dose anybody know of company that sells a exhaust housing with out a built in waste gate? (HK$?)

i really don't want to weld it shut.

spec's needed on housing.. Turbine -Wheel: 53mm w/ 62 trim -Housing: .64 ar

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I was wondering this as well.. I'm gonna wait till I have my turbo in the next few days to see what the internal gate actually looks like.. if it can be welded shut easy, I'll prolly go that route..

Brando

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i called up Precision Turbo & Engine today, and they said that they can not get a housing with out the built in waste gate and they are a Garrett official distributor. so i don't know. i just would like to use a external waste gate and be able to clock the turbo anyway i want with out getting funky with the waste gate actuator.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Why would you need to run an external wastegate ?

I've been using different T-25 and T-28's for years with internal flappers, no boost creep problems, no boost control problems, and no problems trying to fit an external wastegate in the already cramped engine bay.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I agree with John. External wastegates are good if you need to regulate below what the internal wastegate provides, or, if you're running low boost values in general and need a higher flowing wastegate.

Brent

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I talked to a guy at ATP turbo today, and he said he does sell external WG housing for those.. well, atleast for mt GT25/40.. he said it makes it a T3 flange tho.. which is fine with me.. $245 for a 5-bolt externally gated .64 housing

Brando

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
BRANDO0o0O said:
I talked to a guy at ATP turbo today, and he said he does sell external WG housing for those.. well, atleast for mt GT25/40.. he said it makes it a T3 flange tho.. which is fine with me.. $245 for a 5-bolt externally gated .64 housing

Brando
Well.. if it's a T-3 flange.. then it's a T3 not a T-25...

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
All I know is my GT25/40 has the T25 flange right now, and the guy at ATP said they do carry a .64 housing that will fit it and make it externally gated w/ a T3 flange..

Brando

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
T3 flange = T3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts