MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Posts with pics?
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I running 2 cheap usb cams to a netbook for front and rear monitoring in my car. I've tried VidBlaster, Py Software ActiveCam...basically, programs that I am trying out for free using my already purchased hardware.

I'm wondering what you guys are using besides the pricey choices listed in this forum. That is, if you are using anything else.

I've used these http://www.amazon.com/Veho-Muvi-Pro-Micro-Camcorder/dp/B0037P5CAI/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_0_0 with excellent results. You don't need a netbook or external source for recording. It's self contained. The drawback is you cant see what you're recording. It's aim it and hope for the best.

This is just for street driving and fun so it's just something I'm playing with and thought I'd get some input from others.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Wow that looks like a great deal. I have been wanting to put a camera on my car for a while, now. Lots of bad driving here in Washington State, and it would be good "insurance" in the case of an accident.

·
Don't mess with Texas
19,880 Posts
With the dirt cheap prices of dash cams now days I think they should be standard equipment. Sooner or later it will be like Russia where everyone has one.

Just look at what you can get for $30 or less now days, HD 720p or even 1080p with built in LCD screens, "night vision", suction cup mount and everything you need, just add a 32gb SD card and you have a lot of recording time.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=dash+cam&_sacat=0&_from=R40

The quality on some of these cameras is surprisingly good as well although it can be hit or miss in some cases, do your research to see what people are having luck with.

Some of those cheap mini camera rival the older gopros.

·
Don't mess with Texas
19,880 Posts
rdgfx3 said:
Wow, now that's what I was wanting. Thanks for the post T/A!
Yeah, for things like this china is the place to go bar none when on a budget.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts