MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
MR2-less
Joined
·
9,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..and the urethane starts pouring tomorrow!
Those who volunteered to be beta testers check your email.

We also got the mold done for the MKII. These look really cool! The good part about the MKII mounts is that one insert fits both front and rear mounts where as with the MKI we had to make a seperate mold for the front and 2 different molds for the rear since some of the early rear mounts had solid rubber.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
how well do you think these will compare to the fully urethaned ones?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
42,296 Posts
If I send you some rubber bushings can your guy do them in eurothane?

The reason I ask is that there are no 'thane bushings for the Cadillac suspensions. There could be a small market, though much bigger than the MR2 market, for these. All I want is one set for the V8 MR2. I can then help market themn for you.
 

·
MR2-less
Joined
·
9,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
posted by reblmr2
how well do you think these will compare to the fully urethaned ones?
That's a good question. I will find out tomorrow when I replace my filled 95 Shore A mounts with old mounts and urethane inserts. The performance should be the same, but with the inserts you can remove them at anytime.
Also this is easier than having folks send in their motor mounts and wait for them to be filled!
 

·
MR2-less
Joined
·
9,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can PayPal now if you want. These haven't been officially tested on my car yet but they have been fitted to a tranny and I'm 99% sure they will work perfect. I will guarantee the other 1% tomorrow evening! :)
I wanted beta testers to try them out first but I can't wait, I trying them out for myself. Instead they will get free inserts and will leave feedback.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,931 Posts
i'm assuming the difference between these and your older urethane mounts is (correct me if i'm wrong):
1) you just buy the things and insert yourself, vs. having to send in old mounts to have them filled and wait for them to be shipped back
2) they are going to be less stiff than the poured mounts-- are they?

btw, my rear mounts (poured-- bought from you maybe 2 years ago?) is starting to rip a little bit where the metal middle sleeve is, but still holding up-- and i've had no issues of the front mount ripping out the chassis, which happened to 2 people i know... so it's not a mod for everyone, esp. daily drivers...
 
1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top