MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am planning to upgrade my turbo (ct26) to a stage 2 (i know a company that will do it).

i wanted to ask if these upgraded parts are all i will need to feel the power of the new turbo.

fuel rail
Bov
injectors
boost controller
downpipe
intercooler

also, will i need to get a blackbox in order to adjust the air/fuel ratios?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Stage II? You know that means nothing without telling the company, right? Everybody has a "stage II" and a "high output" and "mega flux capacitor" - it's all just to make it sound cool. Anyway my thought on parts:
Intercooler
Boost Controller
Turbo, downpipe
fuel rail, injectors, fuel pump, fuel management

In that order. Notice how I left off BOV? Forums say nay, I'd say get one when you upgrade from your air flow sensor to the air density thing (forgot the name). Happy trails

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
^ stage 2...? :dontknow:

if what your'e talking about is upgrading the stock ct26 for new compressor etc etc, then i doubt you'll see over 230-240whp. BOV wont get you anywhere from a performance aspect. if you get new injectors and pump, then you'll need a new fuel pump as well. tuning the new injectors with a black box is a no-no, although possible, it's risky and tuning with an safc without an afpr is also a no-no

i suggest you do more research before you start dumping money on your motor. it doesn't seem like you've done enough of it to make sound decisions. generally, bolt-ons will be fine. if you're gonna run an upgraded ct26, then ic, dp, and mbc/ebc will be sufficient. you wont see the power to necessitate fuel upgrades.

start your research here, mrcontrols.com and read the powerprimer.

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
WishIOwned1 said:
Notice how I left off BOV? Forums say nay, I'd say get one when you upgrade from your air flow sensor to the air density thing (forgot the name). Happy trails
you'd want to change from running an afm->map to run a vented bov efficiently. the options for that are either to run a full ems (which you should if you plan to upgrade the injectors anyways) or an hks vpc (vein pressure controller)

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Does your CT-26 need a rebuild?

If yes -- Get it rebuilt and pay an extra $100 to upgrade to a 46 trim TO4E compressor wheel. Check out ATS' website and see if you can cough up the extra $ for a CT-27.

If no -- Get a boost controller and upgrade your IC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.