MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I know I haven't posted much lately and a few of you guys have asked me about the car, I thought I'd post a little update. No, I don't have it back, but it hasn't been scrapped and sold for parts either. lol

Last weekend I was suppossed to go pick up my car. He was suppossed to call me Friday and tell me when to show up. After trying for hours on Saturday, I finally get in touch with him. He tries to blow me off again, and I won't let him. We go and pick him up, drive him to the garage and he shows me my car. The good news... it's going to look good when it's finished. The bad news... it's not finished. He was doing the fender flares wrong. He didn't like the ones we ordered from GTP so he is getting a set made locally. It's probably a good thing he hasn't finished them yet because he wasn't going to cut the fenders before installing the flares. I talked to Brian Hill yesterday about his fender flares and he said He HAS TO cut the fenders, or atleast roll the lips and pull them out so that we can fit the wider tires on the car. He thinks he can get everything done by the weekend so he can get my car painted and back to me over the weekend. I don't think he'll get it done that fast, but I have my fingers crossed. Here's the deal. He gave me a key to his garage (I used it last night. It works), so I can go get the car whenever I want to. But the bad part of that is it still won't be finished and I'll have to pay some one else to finish it and I'll probably have to sue this guy to get my money back. He was suppossed to go get the redone fender flares today... I almost took it home over the weekend because I was tired of dealing with this guy.... but if I had to sue him and find someone else to finish it... it's going to take even longer for my car to get finished. Months longer... so after talking to this guy and letting him know that I wasn't putting up with his crap anymore, he promised to make things right and finish the car in the next week or asap. I told him if it wasn't done by Feb 1st I'm using the key he gave me and I'm coming to get it...

Things he does have done: The emblems shaved, the old spoiler removed and filled, shaved antenna, shaved side trim and mouldings, new door installed, and the sideskirts molded on. Some of it still needs to be smoothed out a bit, but he atleast has made some progress and it does look like he's doing really good work.

Things he needs to do before I can drive the car: Cut the fenders and install the fender flares, finish smoothing out the body work, install and mold on the Border rear ground effects, track down and install the new Greddy spoiler (it was back ordered but suppossed to arrive 2 weeks ago, it's still not here), install the tinted window and interior from the wrecked door into the new door. Then he has to paint the car. That's alot of work to do in a week.

The only thing that made me smile after seeing he was no where close to being done with the car? I traded my old spoiler and the tires I had sitting around with a little cash for an almost new Madpsi border style vented carbon fiber hood! I can't wait to see it on my car! IF I ever get it back :(

Other things sitting around waiting at my place to be installed on my MR2:
Nwe wheels and tires
Kirkosaurus Polyeurothane Motormounts
New e-brake cables
EGR Block off plates
TwosRus Stage 3 short throw shifter kit
Speedline Shift bushings
KO Racing downpipe
Madpsi Border style vented Carbon Fiber hood

So, I'm sure you see... there is alot of work that needs to be done to my car. I have pics of my car with the sideskirts on and the fender trim and spoiler removed, but I keep forgetting to bring them with me to work so I can upload them to my server.

Thanks for the support, seriously. Hopefully this will all be finished and I'll have my car back soon.
-Travis

·
MK. II RACING
4,335 Posts
I feel your pain. One of my close MR2 friends here in Bartlett (Memphis area), Ken G., had his 93T sent to Brab Bedell to have a VVTi V6 out of a Solora installed. Brad also did the side vents mod too (you know, hollowed out the vents--no center cross piece), custom exhaust, and many other custom parts, including keeping it OBD2 compatible. Took Brad 7 months LONGER than what he thought it would take. BUT, when Ken finally got his MR2 back, all we could say was WOW!!!! The custom work was AWESOME and the new suspension Brad put in is simply fantastic (Koni adjustables with Eibach Pro springs). The MR2 looks, drives, and SOUNDS SIMPLY AWESOME!

Hopefully your experience will be the same. After all, good things come to those that wait. But, don't let the guy blow smoke up your butt neither. :thumbup

Daniel

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
zerogenius said:
I talked to Brian Hill yesterday about his fender flares and he said He HAS TO cut the fenders, or atleast roll the lips and pull them out so that we can fit the wider tires on the car.
I've got 38 offset with my 255/50 16 inch kosei's in the back. I still have some work to do on my fenders and I have rolled them already. I'm going to end up taking off the tire and taking a hammer to the inside because to pound the metal lip closer to the car because I still rub on big bumps.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DougyD19 said:
I've got 38 offset with my 255/50 16 inch kosei's in the back. I still have some work to do on my fenders and I have rolled them already. I'm going to end up taking off the tire and taking a hammer to the inside because to pound the metal lip closer to the car because I still rub on big bumps.
Yeah, I'm kinda worried about the rubbing. The wheels and tires I have for the back are Stern Face 3 18x9.5 wheels with 265/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sports. All I need is to hit a pothole and I'd rip a fender flare off if there wasn't enough clearance. :(

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Hope you get it back soon man, we all want to see it just as bad as you.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
any new updates travis?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nothing good. Due to a clearance issue I had to get coilovers. Guy who is supposed to be doing the work says he is waiting on Greddy to send me a spoiler... but I don't believe him. As soons as I get the coilovers installed so I can drive the car I think I am getting teh car back and getting a lawyer :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts