MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently got all my suspension changed out and got an alignment at "Just Tires." After picking up my car, I parked and work for 8 hours, and drove home. On the way I heard my car making making this rubbing sound from the rear passenger side. I inspect my car and immediately noticed a 1/4 difference between the rear left and right. The passenger side rear was lower by a finger. Was wondering if this was an issue with alignment, installation or if it was a matter of letting these new parts settle. Almost all my suspension parts are brand new. The parts I have in new are:

1) Ball Joints, inner/ outer tie rods
2) All upper suspension mounts
3) Koni yellows/ TRD (black) spring combo
4) 205/40/17 +25 front 235/40/17 +35 rear
5) Alignment from JUST TIRES "according to oem spec"

just so you know, I have looked everywhere for this "unique issue," but could not find anyone who has experienced this issue (if it is one) immediately after replacement and alignment. Thanks

EDIT: It drives great now. I guess it was just breaking it in. The Konis and the TRD springs feel great. I'm still scraping, but now its on both sides. Either pull, roll my fenders or camber.

·
Banned
1,210 Posts
You just have to wait until it settles it takes a day or so,how much drop did you get from the trd springs?

·
Registered
156 Posts
sry for bumping an old thread, but im also running trd springs with the same issue, so id have to blame the springs if anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts