MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 91 MR2. I'm trying to figure out the best way to mount my underglow tubes for the sides. The front and rear worked very very well on the bottom of the radiator and behind the rear bumper. But since there's nothing but a floor on the sides, I've had to mount these plastic clips. I don't trust them one bit.

Is there a good spot to mount underglow on our cars for the sides?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
well, for maximum street cred, i like to place mine right next to the fuel tank, and spray chrome paint that i got from Autozone around that area for a complete Bling Blitz. :thumbdown

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Dude not to flame you but why?

If you have to go to any hardware store and they sell this clips/clamps that you cant bolt on to the floor of the car

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I saw the title for this thread and knew immediately that nobody was going to show this kid any love. Good luck with your project dude.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WoLLy said:
I saw the title for this thread and knew immediately that nobody was going to show this kid any love. Good luck with your project dude.
Thanks.

I guess I'll figure something out and post my results. You guys have no reason to flame.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
TomsMR2 said:
you should mount them in the trash, towards the bottom.
saw this and could not help but laugh, if done right it will look good just hide the tubes so you can't see them when looking from the side

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yes make sure you hide the tubes or it looks very ghetto. You can buy some "L" shaped bars to mount on the underside and put the tubes behind it so the light can go down but you cant see the tubes from the sides.

·
Registered
721 Posts
It would be easier to hide the side lamps if you had a body kit...the side skirts would give you some extra depth to play with.

It's your car, man, do whatever you want to dress it up.. :thumbup

Scott

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well I want to know how it turns out i`m curious about installing a set on my car just for shyts and giggles as well. I had a set of tourqose street glow on my 98 eclipse, but i was afraid to ask on the message board about putting them on my 91 mr2 because i didnt want to verbally bashed. But either way let me know where you put them and if you can still put your car on a lift without smashing the tubes etc

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
Just FYI - underglow (as well as lighted widshield washer nozzles or license plate frames) is illegal in AR (and several other states). So if you drive through, keep it turned off - or you might meet a friendly gentleman with lots of flashy blue lights on top of his car and in the grill. He will probably just talk to you for a while (and make you late(r)). Or, if you're not nice, or diss him, he may present you with a little piece of paper and relieve you of some of that excess cash you have (obviously, you do - since you could spend over a hundred $$ on bling-bling lights).

S

·
0 Posts
I have a good feeling he is going to be wanting him money back....... underglow on a mr2=bad idea.... Good luck mounting the side lights......

·
Premium Member
14,333 Posts
Try on the inside edge of the rails you use to jack the car up.. and use some sort of protective mesh to shield them. There really are no good places to mount these.. the car is very low to the ground and its entire underbody is prone to collision with road debris. Nevermind water when it's raining.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
workingman1976 said:
Well I want to know how it turns out i`m curious about installing a set on my car just for shyts and giggles as well. I had a set of tourqose street glow on my 98 eclipse, but i was afraid to ask on the message board about putting them on my 91 mr2 because i didnt want to verbally bashed. But either way let me know where you put them and if you can still put your car on a lift without smashing the tubes etc
:werd:

same thing i wanted to do and same thing i thought

1 - 20 of 71 Posts