MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of long searching, i finally found and bought what i feel to be the best circulation pump available. Its the Jabsco Cyclone 50830-0012. This is the replacement for the older centripuppy pump. Anyways this bad boy flows 30GPM at only 7amps! The older centripuppy flowed 20GPM at more amps. The pump is all stainless steel, and is rated for continous run. I got one coming, and think it should perform nicely. I will let everyone know how it goes.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No pics of the setup yet, i dont ahve all the parts in just yet. I have a st205 core i will use, with the jabsco pump, and run a Setrab 22"x6.5"x2" heat exchanger in the front. Im not sure what i will use as a fuel cell yet. This will all be on a gen3. Im just waiting on the heat exchanger and the pump to come in, then i will put it together, and try to get some pics!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
sounds badass, may just get me to switch from TMIC to A/W IC

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK got just about everything in for the install. Just waiting on some 12an fittings, and a pyrometer for testing. I will take some pics once everything is in, and take pics of the install, and try to post some results of the system, and the temp drops of the heat exchanger. But just from looking at the setrab core, i think its going to do a great job. It has a very high density, it has 62 rows and is 2 inches thick.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe the core will fit perfectly with the condensor in place. I havent hard mounted it yet, but from eyeballing it next to the bumper of the car, it looks like its going to fit perfect. This setrab is a large oil cooler intended for a nascar. At first i was leary of using an oil cooler, but trust me, this is no ordinary tube and fin oil cooler and I was very pleased with it when i got it in. I expect it to cool better than a comparable sized radiator. I should have proof one way or another once i get a differntial pyrometer in and can compare its heat exchanging capabilities with radiators and heater cores.

·
What Grind's My Gears!
1,181 Posts
hello
how big is that pump ?? an is it weather proof??
im going to run a honda civic radiator for my heatexchanger .. there so cheap an easy to find. it fits right behind the factory radiator. but i got to get a spal fan an run it constant..
henri

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i guess the pump is about 8 inches long, and maybe 4 inches tall or so. I dont have it with me at the moment to get an exact measurement. As far was being weatherproof, im not really sure. They are rated for continous run, and marine applications, so im sure that they are at least reasonably resistant to weather. But I will keep mine in the trunk with my fuel cell. Theres no reason to take a chance on a $200 pump. It does have a 3 year warranty though.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also one other thing henria86, you may not want to put your heat exchanger behind your radiator and condensor. You will have a very difficult time cooling the water in the intercooler system if you are blowing the heated air from the radiator and condensor which can get VERY hot. You want to mount heat exchangers from coolest to hottest (according to airflow) when stacked. This would logically be: Fresh air -> IC heat exchanger -> a/c condensor -> radiator.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Hauk said:
Also one other thing henria86, you may not want to put your heat exchanger behind your radiator and condensor. You will have a very difficult time cooling the water in the intercooler system if you are blowing the heated air from the radiator and condensor which can get VERY hot. You want to mount heat exchangers from coolest to hottest (according to airflow) when stacked. This would logically be: Fresh air -> IC heat exchanger -> a/c condensor -> radiator.
Agreed! Where's the pics? It's been a while!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts