MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vaccum leak somewhere on the car i am pretty sure, but it is random because it only idles rough after it has warmed up, and yesterday while driving the car shut off after one of these "idle to stall" points....no battery power was there and the car was acting as if it had no battery at all, (no flicker, no sound, nothing.) after getting out of the car, kicking the battery around a little, waiting....it started back up with no problems and drove off.... after it warmed up again the rough idle starts again....rough to the point it stalls itself. Any ideas????

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
While it is begining to run rough, spray a can of WD-40 around any suspect areas in the engine compartment (hoses, induction tube conectors, ect..) when the engine momentarily picks up rpm, you've located the problem spot.
Tyson

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot, thats is actually a really good idea, only problem is i dont know if it will stay on long enough for me to do that hahahaha.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could this be air in the coolant related....? or does that not cause it to idle so roughly it stalls?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts