Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow MR2 owners....

I'm truly sorry to have to post this on the board but tyler pontiac5oh has given me no other options.

I purchased item number 7942378754 off of him from ebay for a 1991 mr2 turbo trunk lid crimson spoiler NA toyota

Sent him payment on Dec 24 2004
This email confirms that you, camshaft007, have paid pontiac5oh ([email protected]) $55.50 USD using PayPal.

tyler pontiac5oh has replied and said that the item was shipped.
And that he was going to send me a tracking number.
It is now Jan 28 and no part and no tracking number....

tyler pontiac5oh is no longer returning my emails or pm's on this board.

What should I do ?
I still have not left negitive feedback on IMOC or Ebay yet....

But tyler pontiac5oh is really leaving me no other options

Thanks
cam

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
i bought a suspension part from him and it was rusted so much i couldnt adjust the toe in out. he gave me my money back and I bought a new one and he didnt even require I send it back to him. that was around 6 months ago.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Odd...i have delt with Tyler before and never had issues with him. I recently purchased a transmission from him as well and so far things looking good (as far as this transaction goes)

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've have had nothing but good business with Tyler. He is always willing to help make things right...he has been absolutely genuine. I can't imagine anyone more generous than Tyler in pricing....and he seems sincere in helping people get their problems solved to keep the MR2's on the road. I can't say enough..

P

·
0 Posts
cam, i senty you a PM back. i have emailed you with a tracking number that UPS gave me and you informed me that it did not work in their tracking system. im not here to screw you out of 55 bucks for a trunk lid with spoiler (shipped)...which is a great deal. i have done too much business on ebay and on the board to have my name smeared over 50 bucks. i see you have already filed with paypal to get your money back. if its ok with you, i can just refund that 55 and change and solve this matter. i have a green trunk lid with spoiler that i can send out if you want to try this again.

you also called my home phone and left a message with my parents. here is my cell phone number if you need to call me for any other reason 443 286 7752, as i am rarely home, and never pick up the home phone because all my friends and "customers" call me on my cell phone.. im available almost always from 9am until 2am, so feel free to call me tonight or over the weekend so we can clear this up.

again, i apologize for the delay in recieving your part, but do you really think i want to take your 50 dollars and have you bash me on ebay and here on the board?

please advise me on what you want to do.
tyler

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only problem tyler is......
I'm still waiting for this tracking number ?
You never sent me a tracking number ever........

So I sent you 3-5 emails asking for the tracking number...... and you never responded.
Sent you PM and you read it and did not respond.

I sent you a email saying for you to respond so that I did not have to leave negitive feedback or contact paypal and ebay.
And you did not respond to that email....

So you left me no choice but to post here and file a claim with ebay.

Bottom line is...........
Where is the tracking number ?
All I want is the part.....

Cam

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And once again.......
No reply via PM or email with a tracking number

·
engineer4me
2,730 Posts
I bought a suspension brace from tyler, got the part fast in great condition. only twenty bucks shipped, too.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I bought a tranny from tyler on the 17th and i have had no response from emails as well. Should i just file to have my money returned?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
End of second day....
And once again.......
No reply via PM or email with a tracking number

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
try calling his cell phone. I know for a fact that he is driving one of his mr2's he sold to florida. He stopped by my house before he left on friday to pay off an mr2 my brother sold him. I would say if he doesn't pick up this weekend call him mon.......
He also has another trans that I gave him, so if something happened ask about that trans.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I am experiencing the same thing you are, camshaft. I bought several small parts from him, payed him about 2 weeks ago, and I still didn't receive anything from him. He said he shipped it, but didn't have a tracking number so I waited another week and nothing. I e-mailed him again, but haven't gotten a response yet. Sorry, not trying to jack your thread here, but just trying to validate your experience and hopefully give Tyler a chance to set things straight with all the people he got money from.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Tyler is a good guy ... he is very busy because he always has like 5 cars that he is parting out (and he is buying one from me right now) ... I have bought several things from him on different occasions and each of them seemed to take a bit to show up, but everything came as described and I got each item for a good price.

I think he is just very busy and he ships out A LOT of things ... keep trying to contact him and I am sure he will come thru or else refund you.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the input SoAngle but.... if Tyler is a good guy or bad guy...

My judgment is by his actions.......
So far his actions show him as a bad guy pulling stunts like this

If the guy is busy or not...... that is not my problem.....
If he was so busy he shouldn't have put the auction on ebay...
Seems like a logical thing ?

He is the person that put the auction on EBAY.....
He is the person that accepted my money......
He is the person that said the package was shipped
He was the person that did not supply the promiced track number.

There are certain ways of doing things....
A) if you accept money and tell people you shipped the item out, then you should have shipped the item.

B)don't say you shipped the item out and have the tracking number, and then never give the tracking number.

C)reading emails and PM's and not responding is not good business practice.

I have called Tyler ... and he has NOT returned my phone call....
So please stop telling me to call him.... because I have and he acknowledged that in a PM or email. .... but did not return my call.

So as it stands now 3 days since this post.....
--no tracking number.....
-- and no responce from Tyler with this so called email or PM with track #
--- no package

So just a reminder..... payment was sent Dec 24 2004

Do the math..... it has been over a month now and he said that the package was sent UPS...
Well no UPS sevice I know has a 30 day delivery time..

I'm waiting for the tracking number so I and prove that Tyler lied to me about when the package was shipped out.
This is obviously why he has not given me the tracking number..
Why I'm saying this is because it seems obvious.......
And Tyler has done nothing to resolve it......

And once again I have given Tyler the benefit of the doubt by not posting a negative Ebay comment....

SoAngel said:
Tyler is a good guy ... he is very busy because he always has like 5 cars that he is parting out (and he is buying one from me right now) ... I have bought several things from him on different occasions and each of them seemed to take a bit to show up, but everything came as described and I got each item for a good price.

I think he is just very busy and he ships out A LOT of things ... keep trying to contact him and I am sure he will come thru or else refund you.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Huummm....

Two months ago, I asked if he has a rear (ABS) speed sensor and a black interior bezel, his reply was yes. However, when I requested for pictures, he promised pictures but after 1 month, no pictures. His response was that he is busy and he kept forgetting.

A week and a half ago, I proceeded paying him without pictures because he has many positive feedbacks and a regular member here at mr2oc.com. I haven't receive the parts yet but I understand sometimes the custom at the border can hold up the package until it is cleared. The whole process can be anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks.

Hopefully, I will get my parts.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
While I've never dealt with Tyler, I've met him in person and he is a really good guy. He and my dad had a nice discussion about starting a business and how reputation means so much. Tyler won't rip you guys off. Please call his cell phone. I doubt there's much he can do about it right now as he's driving all the way down to Florida, but he will help you as much as he can over the phone and then get everything set once he returns to Baltimore.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well Tyler has had a month to figure this out

And he has gone out of his way to ignore my emails, pm's and phone calls.

So his actions speak for themselfs..

If you ignore my emails and phone calls and pm's.....
Then I take that as he ripped me off...

As if he wanted to repair the problem he would have given me the track number at the very start....

And I still have not received it.....

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.