MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

541 - 560 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #542
As I have mentioned many times I could very likely get this done faster and cheaper but you would rather go it alone than talk to someone who has different views than you.
My own capabilities and my access to other manufacturers are constantly expanding.
http://matrixgarage.com/content/what-we-do

Faster and cheaper will be hard pressed for a 3500 kit. At 5000 a kit I would have these things done faster, however my manifolds are not cheap and my desires have and will always be solid billet. Had I not shopped around for a deal and wait on my CNC's back burner for great pricing, billet would not be possible. As you know, price comes in numbers for CNC machining and that's something we as a community has never had. Price for 50 vs 5 is not even close. I have had quotes in excess of 1200 dollars for our inlet manifold. You have already given your idea for a kit and it does not involve billet components. Guys want components as captured in my last post, yet they don't come cheap.

Ron

·
Premium Member
11,255 Posts
Faster and cheaper will be hard pressed for a 3500 kit. At 5000 a kit I would have these things done faster, however my manifolds are not cheap and my desires have and will always be solid billet. Had I not shopped around for a deal and wait on my CNC's back burner for great pricing, billet would not be possible. As you know, price comes in numbers for CNC machining and that's something we as a community has never had. Price for 50 vs 5 is not even close. I have had quotes in excess of 1200 dollars for our inlet manifold. You have already given your idea for a kit and it does not involve billet components. Guys want components as captured in my last post, yet they don't come cheap.

Ron
I have given my suggestions for a kit not my capability.
You want billet parts I can get you billet parts.
Do I believe they will be inherently better?
Nope not at all but if that's what you want I can get you quotes and ETA on them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I spent the last hour reading both parts of this long thread and wonder where things are at now? In some ways I'm glad it's taken this long to come to fruition as I was going to be gravely disappointed that it was fully developed then became obsolete by the time I got to the end of the thread. This build is unfortunately like so many other small companies trying to do and fund their R&D--can seem to go on forever until the builder runs out of steam, passion, funds, or time and moves on. Hope it picks up again soon!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I asked Ron yesterday after you posted, he said all of the brackets are finished. After an inlet is finished I'll make sure everything fits properly and all of the other pieces are off the shelf type so it should be really soon after that point.

-Mike

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
Wow....This has been a work in progress for 15 years. I have put 200K miles on my current MKII after selling my MKI. You guys have the patients of a saint.

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
Jess ____ing h Christmas any updates.

·
Moroccan Gold Imports
1,623 Posts
Can we please get an update? Ron is not responding at either email address I have, though they may both be out of date. Does anyone have contact information?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I tried contacting him again after I saw your post, he responded recently once the revised parts were complete. He wanted to wait until he had something in hand instead of the usual "soon". He was here in CA for work and the parts were shipped to him, he was going to mail them to me to test fit for him again but then I got a call at work at 7:30 last night, he was only an hour and a half away and wanted to know if I wanted to pick them up before he flew out. I was really hoping to finally be able to meet him, but he had to fly out before I got down there. He did leave them for me to pick up though, so I made the drive and got them after work. The outlet that had fitment issues previously fits perfectly now, and is also considerably lighter as well as requiring much shorter bolts to combine the 2 pieces with the redesign. I have an inlet manifold to check now too so this weekend I will remove the SC12 and test fit everything completely again with the dummy blower.

-Mike

·
Moroccan Gold Imports
1,623 Posts
YES. NEED UPDATE RON. I am ready to install the GZE in my car. Can I get the parts of the kit that are ready at least? I may be able to fab something up in terms of what is missing to get it running and start doing some testing.

·
i overtake on roundabouts
3,796 Posts
be hard to build anything when you got some other major tosser bagging you out all the time. haha

anyways, hopefully starting on this project later this year for a bit of fun.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Any update on the SC kit?

Such a great amount of effort and design has gone into this and I do hope that it comes to completion. I would buy one of these so fast if they become available instead of the usual Gen 4 swap option.

Keep up the great work!

541 - 560 of 562 Posts