MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

521 - 540 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #522
Very nice build! Are you planning to run the stock blower and dial things in, or did you want to start it with the 1.46L on the side? I believe you have cams like Rwheelz in which we will need to get you the low vacuum bypass valve. If your A2W then you should consider charge cooling the bypass valve allowing for the bypass air to be intercooled for idle and cruise conditions. Can't wait to see the 1.46L in action!

I'm actually already contemplating a 90mm tb or dual 52mm throttles as a future inlet upgdrade. Our screw compressors will never be inlet restrictive. Spinning full tilt may require such an upgrade, but at full tilt one is also looking at a potential 350+rwhp.

Ron

·
Registered
670 Posts
Very nice build! Are you planning to run the stock blower and dial things in, or did you want to start it with the 1.46L on the side? I believe you have cams like Rwheelz in which we will need to get you the low vacuum bypass valve. If your A2W then you should consider charge cooling the bypass valve allowing for the bypass air to be intercooled for idle and cruise conditions. Can't wait to see the 1.46L in action!

I'm actually already contemplating a 90mm tb or dual 52mm throttles as a future inlet upgdrade. Our screw compressors will never be inlet restrictive. Spinning full tilt may require such an upgrade, but at full tilt one is also looking at a potential 350+rwhp.

Ron
Does the kit come with the low vacuum bypass? I think thats what that black piece sticking up by the sc in one of your pictures were.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #524
Does the kit come with the low vacuum bypass? I think thats what that black piece sticking up by the sc in one of your pictures were.
No, the kit comes with regular bypass valve. Never actually used the low vacuum bypass valve, but we'll get you one.

Ron

·
Moroccan Gold Imports
1,623 Posts
I am hoping for an update as well. My cylinder head and 6-speed are ready to go. My short block will be back together before the new year. I just need a SC wiring harness and the blower!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I always get nervous when Ron doesn't respond for a while, worried that something has happened to him. If it's going to be much longer I may get a TTT crank pulley at the beginning of January since I get paid 3 times that month. I'm getting bored over here and I need something =P

-Mike

·
MR2 Hoarder
5,087 Posts
This has got to be the longest running group buy in mr2oc history....boy you guys sure are some patient customers

·
Moroccan Gold Imports
1,623 Posts
Uuummm not sure what you mean by that. My investments have done well over that time period.

Anyway, do we have an update?

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
I sold my MKI SC and bought my MKII Turbo almost 10 years ago. This GB was going on before that time period. :eek:

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
We've got ____ing hover boards (kind of) now but still no twinscrew kit. Over 9 years since the March 1st, 2006 post, maybe we'll get some new pics before the 10 year anniversary.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Hey guys, I got a hold of Ron again recently. He has been out of state due to work, the current hold up is that the secondary bracket that is needed for the Sprintex S/C had fitment issues and needed to be reworked. His family is with him there until the end of Spring Break, once they return home (if he is still stuck there) I'm going to help out and test fit the new brackets and manifolds with a dummy blower.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #540
For the five remaining guys on this forum that have opted for the Sprintex design, my apologies. I have been out of state on assignment while the new manifolds and brackets are currently sitting at my house waiting to ensure final fitment.

Guys, that have not purchased this kit, seem to have misinformation about the kit and wish to discuss it or comment in this thread. So let me clarify, the five guys on this forum have paid for the autorotor design, not the new Sprintex design. I offered Sprintex as an option due to no warranty on the Autorotor and guys on this forum that have paid, wanted the latest technology, as well as I. That basically leaves me with close to 8k dollars in manifolds and brackets for a blower that no longer is made and no longer available.
Remember these manifolds for the Autorotor?

Keep in mind this is our 3rd kit, 3rd and 4th different compressor used. This is not a GB either, guys that have paid helped to fund the Autorotor project, not the retooling and refabbing for the Sprintex line up. Anyone want to guess how much that set us back financially? Anyone want to guess what the setup fees alone for retooling are, let alone one manifold. I can post the drawings for the inlet manifold for anyone to try and get a quote for. If you find someone that can make that piece for less the 600 bucks, please let me know. Guys that have bought this kit expect no less then the quality of work for the Sprintex design as the work in the pics above. And now after 20k+ over the years for this project, it would be nice to get the remaining guys their kits as soon as I can. 4 more years waiting or Obama election is fair rhetoric, but also reiterates why no one has made anything bolt on for our cars.

Thanks for your continued patience to the few who have made this possible.
Ron

521 - 540 of 562 Posts