MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all, tonight i ran a 12.7. Im pretty happy about that, its my first documented 12 second run in anything ever.

This is where i was last time when i went to the track:

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=70245

Cliff notes of whats done to my car:

Td06 20g
Powerstroke TMIC
Open Downpipe
Cheap Intake
16 psi
550's/ats rail/walbro
STOCK ECU
Spec stage II clutch
Stock Internals and whatnot

The only thing that was diff was my trunk mount intercooler and i was running 16 psi. It is still untuned as crap, running 550s, ats rail, aero afpr, walbro...on a stock ecu. When i get it tuned for 19/20 psi, i should see enough power for 11's i believe, if i could drive it well enough.

Here are my two runs:

E/T MPH 60ft Reaction

1) 12.79 109.02 1.921 .067

2) 12.82 108.26 1.870 .394

That 1.87 60 ft felt GREAT too!! Ive never felt anything like that before, the track was super sticky. These launches are just on 225/45/17 Kumho Mx Street Tires too!! What awsome tires.

Welp, thats my night. Good ol' mr2.

-Dylan

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
nice time! what rpm did u launch at when u hit the 1.8 60'? did u drop the clutch or slip it?

·
Registered
565 Posts
nice time mate. i would have expected a better time with that 1.8 fotter. did u not change gears quick enuf or sumthing.
overall... well done

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seanix said:
nice time mate. i would have expected a better time with that 1.8 fotter. did u not change gears quick enuf or sumthing.
overall... well done
Yeah, i think i was slow at shifting, and also shifted a little too soon in each gear.

Thanks!

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Excellent run GoTime and nice launch on the street tires :thumbup:

When yo ustart nailing those 1.8s and 1.7s you really know it ... if you start hitting low 1.8s and lower, I highly recommend starting out with your helmet already resting against the seat since it's going ot end up there anyway :D

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
great run!!!. I have been waiting for my track to open up so I can run my car down the track. I have simmilare mods as you. I will be happy with a low 13 sec run

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Helmet? :D

I think the launch actually messed up one of my runs... i feel kinda stupid about it, but i was gripping the wheel and the shifter, and i think my launch was suprising enough too me, that i kinda tugged on the wheel and shifter since the car like jolted forward... and i pulled it out of gear. Haha, i ran a 16.8 something at like 104 mph.

Oh, by the way, there was a MKI there with a v8 running 10.6's!!! I think the engine was in the front though, since it had a huge scoop on the hood. But it was definetly a little red mk1. I wish i had a camera.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
You need a helmet sir!

TWICE, I launched hard with my hand on the shifter and yanked it out of gear ... never again. I keep my hand on the wheel and I am just ready to grab the shifter instantly.

MK1 ... v8? .... uh oh, whose going to tell Bill?

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Yeah, great job man, not bad times! You really should tune it before beating on it anymore, those traps are kinda low for the boost you are running on that turbo.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah the trap speeds did concern me a ltitle bit.

Hey mark- Do you know a kid in tampa that just got a stock mkII red 91 turbo? Kinda youger maybe...short hard He was at bradenton that night, and was the one that got the viper run on tape, if you see that come up on tamparacing or anything let me know. :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
How are you venting your intercooler? I just got mine and I am trying to figure out the best way before I go cutting.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
GoTime242 said:
Yeah the trap speeds did concern me a ltitle bit.

Hey mark- Do you know a kid in tampa that just got a stock mkII red 91 turbo? Kinda youger maybe...short hard He was at bradenton that night, and was the one that got the viper run on tape, if you see that come up on tamparacing or anything let me know. :)
I don't know the kid, but I will keep an eye out for the video :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
amazing run on the stock ecu ....

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
JLDMRDOS ... I am still on the stock ECU :)
... the OEM set up can be pushed rather far.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts