MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i need some help with this...recently my cars been kinda acting weird..the turbo gauge sometimes reads that the boost is not boosting all the way up...although sometimes it does boost full power..the car seems to not be getting any power buh more like slowing down or something...also just now i tried boosting in 2nd gear and the car just started jerking..help i have no clue whats wrong wit the car..the car runs fine by the way..the problem only starts when i boost..what good is a turbo mr2 when i cant boost..plz help asap..

thanks guys,
kelvin

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah definitely did not get any normal gas..i know that for sure..and also i looked at all the hoses and pretty sure they are all clamped...buh ill check again to be sure..and ya this might sound stupid to u guys buh whats knock?

·
Two for me, None for you
6,115 Posts
Is this your stock boost gauge, or is it aftermarket. The stock one is usally off by alot. Also check your vaccuum lines, not just the intercooler pipes. It could even be the hose going to your boost gauge or boost sender. There are plenty of places for air to leak out unfortunatly.

-JD

PS: Hit me up during the week I might be able to take a look at school.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
knock is when ur ecu pulls timing before detonation occurs. do a search there are tones of threads relating to this topic

-vince

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
alright fellas.

If your engine knocks you don't even know it unless you have a mechanic's stethoscope or a screwdriver to your ear on the engine while it is pulling load. The car feeling sluggish is the only indication you have that your engine *may* be knocking.

If you are boosting and the car isn't going anywhere you may have a code 52 CEL. Check/replace knock sensor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts