MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a search and few people have said that na cables will not work with the turbo cars. so i got that down.

now, how about turbo shift cables from diffrent years ie. 91-93. i have a 91 and was wondering if 92 or 93 cables would work on my 91?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im under the assumtion that as long as its a usdm genII motor the cables will work. I just need some reasurance

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
This is what I know: The cable that transmits left-right shifter motion to the transmission works from '91 turbo to '93 NA. The cable that transmits front-back shifter motion to the transmission does not work from '91 turbo to '93 NA, because it's the wrong length, and can't quite shift into 1st gear.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanxs for the response. yea i was under the same assumtion for a turbo car using na cables.

but im more concerned with lets say will 93+ turbo shift cables work in a 91-92 turbo car.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
I have heard a rumor that they changed the cables from the '91 to '93 year models. But I never got any confirmation, or clarification about what got changed.

But I don't really know the answer to your question. :(

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I snapped my front to back cable.. 93 n/a def. doesnt work 1st 3rd and 5th are impossible.

I was lucky and found a set of 92 turbos.

If your interested, I have an extra set (i ordered two cuz I needed them asap)
I am needing to get rid of them. 92 turbo cables, 53k miles on car they were taken from.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanxs for the info evryone. ill make sure to know that next time i look for cables. now i dont have to worry about the year of the cables as much as the milege on them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.